The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my friend wants me to put in a good word to HR for his girlfriend. I am not willing to do this because I've never met his girlfriend and I am not willing to associate her work with my name. Whats a good way of telling my friend this, I have to be sensitive because there is a bit of history between my friend and I and I don't want him to think that I am being petty.

Tell him you did, but don't.

So my friend wants me to put in a good word to HR for his girlfriend. I am not willing to do this because I've never met his girlfriend and I am not willing to associate her work with my name. Whats a good way of telling my friend this, I have to be sensitive because there is a bit of history between my friend and I and I don't want him to think that I am being petty.

uhhh.. what's wrong with saying what you just said?

tell him you'd love to, and that the sooner he can arrange for you to meet the sooner you can put the word in.

you can put in her name and say you know she's interested but you don't know her.

you can tell your friend you're not comfortable doing so because you don't know her. take it a step further and say you don't mix business with pleasure...if you really feel that way.

you can ask for her resume and a brief meet with her and assess her yourself before taking any other steps.

you can lie and say you did and not do so.

you can tell him that HR is horrid and you'd never put anyone through that.

you can put in her name and say you know she's interested but you don't know her.

you can tell your friend you're not comfortable doing so because you don't know her. take it a step further and say you don't mix business with pleasure...if you really feel that way.

you can ask for her resume and a brief meet with her and assess her yourself before taking any other steps.

you can lie and say you did and not do so.

you can tell him that HR is horrid and you'd never put anyone through that.

:drool:

I went to Cabelas and picked up a nice propane camp stove that came with a free propane lantern as well. $50 for the whole deal.

Now I need to order up some MRE's so I'll be all set food wise if we get another shitty storm up here and lose power for a day or more.

Still need to call the electrician to install my generator transfer switch.

Then I'll be storm proof. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.