The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine Bell :drool:
motorboat.gif

2346b261641dd94.gif

I think I've figured out the issues with my colocated server. Possibly bad Antec 350w psu. Temporarily using a Thermaltake 420w psu I had laying around. Boots properly now. Occasionally with the Antec psu plugged in, the server would start for a couple secs, then shut off, then immediately startup then shut off.

Some how the RAID array took a big dump. ext3 formatted /home had a lot of bad inodes and other crap. Drives themselves (two seagates) appear to be okay though. Ran Seagate's utility on them and passed. Memory is okay. Ran e2fsck like 30 times and it finally cleared all the errors. Removed one of the drives from the array and am now rebuilding the RAID1 array. Once finished, I'll grab a new psu for permanent install and return my server to the colocation closet/datacenter.

Doesn't appear to be any data loss. :D

I think I've figured out the issues with my colocated server. Possibly bad Antec 350w psu. Temporarily using a Thermaltake 420w psu I had laying around. Boots properly now. Occasionally with the Antec psu plugged in, the server would start for a couple secs, then shut off, then immediately startup then shut off.

Some how the RAID array took a big dump. ext3 formatted /home had a lot of bad inodes and other crap. Drives themselves (two seagates) appear to be okay though. Ran Seagate's utility on them and passed. Memory is okay. Ran e2fsck like 30 times and it finally cleared all the errors. Removed one of the drives from the array and am now rebuilding the RAID1 array. Once finished, I'll grab a new psu for permanent install and return my server to the colocation closet/datacenter.

Doesn't appear to be any data loss. :D

Where's your Colo space?

Back of an ice shack with some shotgunned modems? :fly:

Where's your Colo space?

Back of an ice shack with some shotgunned modems? :fly:

Almost. So few places to colo in a real facility here in ME, without charging an arm and a leg. I just use my server for personal stuff (web site, e-mail, ftp, dns, ventrilo, etc) so I don't want to pay $$$.
Mid-Maine, TWC, nexusmgmt.com, and Midcoast.net are the only places I know of.

Was thinking of Boston area colo if I can find like personal level colo (lower amounts of bandwidth, cheaper costs per month), but Boston is pricey. NYC or LAX are like my only choices for cheap colo. But I'd rather have access to my box within a short driving distance (couple states away, like Boston).

Last edited:
Neon? edit: these guys?
GWI does colo there as well, according to their site. I didn't know there was a main building in Portland that housed a lot of providers' stuff.
Reasonable, I'm looking at less than $100 a month, decent bandwidth (a meg or two, or possibly flat rate bandwidth in gb per month), remote reboot would be nice, some IPs, and rdns.

Last edited:
need to send a big psd to a printing company. 20meg. i upload it to our ftp server and email a link to the file.

response 1: "can you send the file as an attachment rather than as a link?" no, it's too big.
response 2: "can you upload it to our ftp server then?" ffs do it yourself, retard.

I hate stupid people. It's always when you're talking to the sales rep instead of the person actually doing the work.

ffs, some numbnuts copied a few 100 people on an email that were in a DL and now everyone is replying that they shouldn't have gotten the email :rolleyes:

edit: hahaha, the ceo of the company got it too and replied

Status
Not open for further replies.