The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did, but since we don't get the diesel version they only get 33mpg or so.

That's pathetic, a Civic or Corrola gets better than that. I'm hoping we get more diesels again next year, the last diesel Jetta's for sale here were getting in the 50's.

that's shitty mileage...on my last road trip I cracked 30mpg in the vette going 70 on cruise...I get about 10 around town though with a 19mpg overall avg currently

I like states without helmet laws, it makes it easier to spot the people I don't want to ride near. :fly:

I just dont wanna run one of you jackasses over and see your brains mush under my wheel. I dont know what its like where you are but here you have to be scared of the motorcycle more than cars. Everytime I see a bike on the road here I stay away, only because they are probably going to do something stupid. I cant count the number of jackasses I have seen bite it on a bike in traffic...

When you can ride year round you get a lot more noob ass bikers IMO. Just last night on my way home from work a bike kept stopping short on me, practically locking up the brakes and falling over at red lights. I personally see more bad bikers than I do good ones here in Florida, its unlike anywhere I have been.

I just dont wanna run one of you jackasses over and see your brains mush under my wheel. I dont know what its like where you are but here you have to be scared of the motorcycle more than cars. Everytime I see a bike on the road here I stay away, only because they are probably going to do something stupid. I cant count the number of jackasses I have seen bite it on a bike in traffic...

When you can ride year round you get a lot more noob ass bikers IMO. Just last night on my way home from work a bike kept stopping short on me, practically locking up the brakes and falling over at red lights. I personally see more bad bikers than I do good ones here in Florida, its unlike anywhere I have been.

It's all the straight roads y'all got in Florduh :fly:

You can ride year round anywhere ;)

There are a LOT of fair weather bikers here that have to drag their feet approaching and leaving a stoplight for a loooong way, parking lots too. So sad :dont:

hey, i have what i imagine is a really dumb question.

i was thinking about my mileage this morning. i'm only getting 16-17 mpg in a 4-cyl nissan frontier pickup. i was expecting to get more. is it possible that it's low because i put bigger tires on it? i mean, is my odometer reading low now, or would discount tire have adjusted it when they put the new tires on.

i know the guy said the speedo would be off, but i'm not sure if they would have adjusted the odo.

It's all the straight roads y'all got in Florduh :fly:

You can ride year round anywhere ;)

There are a LOT of fair weather bikers here that have to drag their feet approaching and leaving a stoplight for a loooong way, parking lots too. So sad :dont:

Well sure if you wanna freeze your ass off and die :fly:

There are so many bad bikers just like there are so many bad drivers, problem is a fender bender in a car wont kill you. No helmet fender bender on a bike has a high probability for serious injury/death. I do not want to be responsible for your death, which is why I LOVE the helmet law. I dont mind breaking your legs, just not your head :fly:

Well sure if you wanna freeze your ass off and die :fly:

There are so many bad bikers just like there are so many bad drivers, problem is a fender bender in a car wont kill you. No helmet fender bender on a bike has a high probability for serious injury/death. I do not want to be responsible for your death, which is why I LOVE the helmet law. I dont mind breaking your legs, just not your head :fly:

But YOU'RE not responsible, unless you caused the accident of course ;) , the BIKER is responsible. MOST bike accidents are the rider's fault, or the road surface's - not a person in a car. If they're not wearing the proper gear and dump it in traffic doing a wheelie and get their head squarshed like a grape......not really anyone's fault but theirs.

But YOU'RE not responsible, unless you caused the accident of course ;) , the BIKER is responsible. MOST bike accidents are the rider's fault, or the road surface's - not a person in a car. If they're not wearing the proper gear and dump it in traffic doing a wheelie and get their head squarshed like a grape......not really anyone's fault but theirs.
actually i've heard the opposite, that most car-motorcycle accidents are the car driver's fault, and are usually caused by the driver not noticing the motorcycle.

actually i've heard the opposite, that most car-motorcycle accidents are the car driver's fault, and are usually caused by the driver not noticing the motorcycle.

I've heard it both ways too, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's more often the bikers fault - since in most cases they should have avoided the accident. Too many people panic, lock up the brakes, don't plan ahead, etc.

If I rode along and just expected cars to notice me, I'd get hit 3 or 4 times a week at least :fly:

Yeah but then who's gonna pay for the 10 years of therapy???:fly:

No matter how you look at it you will be scared after seeing brains under your wheel and knowing you killed someone(although it was there fault). I guess its easier said than actually being there and seeing it. I have been very unlucky to see certain things on the road that nobody should have to see and I can still picture every moment like it was yesterday. I guess my view is tainted but there is a reason I feel the helmet law is not only necessary but needs to be enforced to the max. Then again I just got a seatbelt ticket last week :iono: but thats not the only source of safety in a car. (no excuse, shoulda been wearing it)

I've heard it both ways too, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's more often the bikers fault - since in most cases they should have avoided the accident. Too many people panic, lock up the brakes, don't plan ahead, etc.

If I rode along and just expected cars to notice me, I'd get hit 3 or 4 times a week at least :fly:

Just from that last sentence I can tell you are an experienced, good biker. Bikers should hold a different standard IMO, which is why the helmet should be thoughtless.

with that kind of commute, tires will dry rot before they wear out.

anyone have any advice on my odometer question? if it's off it's also affecting how often i get my oil changed.

there are a number of things that can cause shitty mileage from a clogged air filter to bad 02 sensors or maybe even a clogged cat converter...see if it's throwing any codes

if you are a bit off on the odometer it can't be by enough to matter concerning oil changes

Just from that last sentence I can tell you are an experienced, good biker. Bikers should hold a different standard IMO, which is why the helmet should be thoughtless.

It is for me, I never ride without a full-face helmet.

We have a helmet law here in MA, but all that means is the fools that would ride without one wear one of those little brain bucket things that are just that - good for scooping the brains into after a nasty spill, so it's kind of pointless anyway.

It is for me, I never ride without a full-face helmet.

We have a helmet law here in MA, but all that means is the fools that would ride without one wear one of those little brain bucket things that are just that - good for scooping the brains into after a nasty spill, so it's kind of pointless anyway.

True... people will do what they want.

My roomie rides helmetless sometimes when hes running up to the store but it is very rare. He loves the no helmet law but like I said, its rare that he rides without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.