GAY The first NBA thrad here, EVOR

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Got to the bar after work Mon just in time to see the last 27 secs of the Hawks game. Trae Young(he a bad man) had a sweet ball fake pass to the wing to open the lane and drive to the hoop for a last second layup for the win. Thought that was heading to OT for sure.

Totally pumped for the Hawks game tonight.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Sports better tighten up, man.

Two weeks ago at the PGA Championship, the crowds mobbed the final pairing on their way to the 72nd hole and it was nearly disastrous. One of the golfers had knee surgery two months ago, and he took some pretty good shoves before a few coppers arrived to try to corral the fans.

And now lately, there are incidences in NBA games where fans are getting out of control and treating players like exhibits at a zoo, or there for their abuse. Remember the Ron Artest* fight with fans? Did they NOT learn anything with that?

Did Covid change society that much, that now people have lost all reason when it comes to how to behave in a crowd?

*Ron Artest, who later changed his name to Meta World Peace, which is what I write on the grocery list when I need Metamucil.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and JAXvillain
Sports better tighten up, man.

Two weeks ago at the PGA Championship, the crowds mobbed the final pairing on their way to the 72nd hole and it was nearly disastrous. One of the golfers had knee surgery two months ago, and he took some pretty good shoves before a few coppers arrived to try to corral the fans.

And now lately, there are incidences in NBA games where fans are getting out of control and treating players like exhibits at a zoo, or there for their abuse. Remember the Ron Artest* fight with fans? Did they NOT learn anything with that?

Did Covid change society that much, that now people have lost all reason when it comes to how to behave in a crowd?

*Ron Artest, who later changed his name to Meta World Peace, which is what I write on the grocery list when I need Metamucil.

The unfortunate reality is that people are animals. Things will hopefully settle down shortly after the newness of public events wears off.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
The unfortunate reality is that people are animals. Things will hopefully settle down shortly after the newness of public events wears off.

How weird! I just commented in another thread about human animals. Hey man. Well have a beer together in the afterlife.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
Motherfucking Hawks, BB! Drank an obscene amount of Paddy's Oirish and don't remember the end of the game. Glad to see they didn't blow the enormous lead. Tomorrow night, game 2! The way we looked @ Philly(which was supposed to be WAAAAAY more intimidating than MSG), this might be a sweep! Conf. finals, here we come. This team is nasty.

• Gravy
I think anyhoo. I don’t follow the NBA at all anymore, which is kinda sad but we all change.

Who's your team? That might explain it. :p

I grew up a season ticket holder for the Kansas City/Omaha Kings and attended every “home” game played in Omaha for at least seven years as a yute and teenager. Kind of lost track during my earley 20s then followed again when my son came of age and discovered basketball and NBA. Big Blazers fan during the 90s.

I don’t really have a team anymore and don’t follow,it at all unless I passively see scores, but I’m still amazed at the level of athleticism currently.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
I grew up a season ticket holder for the Kansas City/Omaha Kings and attended every “home” game played in Omaha for at least seven years as a yute and teenager. Kind of lost track during my earley 20s then followed again when my son came of age and discovered basketball and NBA. Big Blazers fan during the 90s.

I don’t really have a team anymore and don’t follow,it at all unless I passively see scores, but I’m still amazed at the level of athleticism currently.

The game misses you, man. These playoffs in particular have been a blast. New stars on the rise.

• Gravy
We don't have a team here in Tampa, but I got to go to a few Raptors games this season since they played their home games here.. vs GS, vs BK, vs WAS.

and damn it if curry and green didn't play for GS and harden and KG didn't play for BK. #facepalm

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia