Ontopic The Fight Thread (UFC, StrikeForce, DREAM, K-1, Boxing, etc)

422112_3492768682086_1357606954_3376053_131341524_n.jpg

rousey (decent looking chick) broke tates (ugly chick) arm last night.

UFC was on last night? Wasn't it just on last week?

Just lame chick fights. I might as well be midgets for all I care. Soon enough they will end up folding the rest of Strikeforce into the UFC and we won't have to deal with that crap anymore.

the chick fights are pretty damn lame. Dana stated many times he doesnt think chicks belong in mma, outside of the ring girls. Strikeforce is just a holdover of them being bought out.

the broken arm after talking all that shit made me laugh though. :D

the chick fights are pretty damn lame. Dana stated many times he doesnt think chicks belong in mma, outside of the ring girls. Strikeforce is just a holdover of them being bought out.

the broken arm after talking all that shit made me laugh though. :D

He doesn't mind chicks doing mma, he just doesn't think there are enough high level women in mma to make it viable, which is true - especially when one of the top women (Cyborg) just got busted for roids. He actually wanted to be at the Tate-Rousey fight to see it, but was in Australia for the UFC that was the previous day.

Well it looks like I may have been correct with Strikeforce.

UFC President Dana White was getting excited about Strikeforce heading into 2012, promising fans that he would try to take control of things to make it a great product on Showtime. However, it now appears Showtime isn't ceding any control to White, so he's washing his hands of the situation.

In an interview with MMAJunkie.com following Saturday's Strikeforce "Tate vs. Rousey" event in Columbus, Ohio, White revealed that Showtime decided not to go with any of the changes he attempted to get made.

"I'll never make that mistake again," White said. "UFC is what I am and where I should have been... I almost missed the first UFC fight in 11 years, and then I get the phone call from Pete Dropick when I'm in Japan. 'Yeah, listen, they're not going to change pretty much any of the stuff you wanted.' So I said, 'F*** them.'

"You flew out to Las Vegas and wasted my time. Go talk your boxing s*** to somebody else."

Zuffa-owned Strikeforce still has six events remaining for 2012, and while White says they plan on providing great fights throughout the year, the future of Strikeforce will once again be in doubt once the year is up.

"These guys are letting a D-level producer run their organization, and that's exactly what I told Espinoza," White said. "You want to let a D-level producer run your organization? Go for it brother. Knock yourself out. I've got [expletive] to do. I've got another job."

"The positive thing is we own Strikeforce. Strikeforce is never going to suck. We own it. The fights are going to be great. There's going to be a better in-house show and all that stuff. I'm going to do what I'm contractually obligated to do. I'm contractually obligated to Showtime to do certain things, and I'm going to do them."

lol, Roy Nelson will drop to LHW if he gets 100k likes on facebook in the next two weeks. He's gotten 20k so far in the first day.

lesner doesn't need the money, he wisely invested everything he earned and lives on a self sufficient ranch in the middle of no where.

He said he was sitting in his tractor when he was called about fighting overreem and said he's start training as soon as his crops were out. Dude has zero desire to earn another buck, if he wants to be in the spot light he could take on commentating or being an alysist or something for one of the networks.

I was right on Brock. He signed a 1 year deal with the WWE starting tonight at Wrestlemania.

The only decent matches in WM was the HHH and Undertaker and Cena and Rock one and both of them you knew who was going to win before they started. You could tell Rock didn't have the stamina he use to have.