Ontopic The Fight Thread (UFC, StrikeForce, DREAM, K-1, Boxing, etc)

Holy shit the UFC just signed former heavyweight boxing champ James Toney.

This could be hilarious if one of his fights goes to the ground.

So we have a free event coming this Sunday.

UFC on Versus: Vera vs Jones

UFC-Fight-Night-21-Poster.jpg

Main Card
Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones
Junior Dos Santos vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello
Alessio Sakara vs James Irvin

Undercard
Clay Guida vs Shannon Gugerty
Eliot Marshall vs Vladimir Matyushenko
Duane Ludwig vs Darren Elkins
John Howard vs Daniel Roberts
Brendan Schaub vs Chase Gormley
Mike Pierce vs Julio Paulino
Eric Schafer vs Jason Brilz

The fight will air live on VERSUS at 9 p.m. ET marking the debut of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) on VERSUS and the first time that a live UFC event will air on a national sports cable network.

Countdown to UFC on Versus: Vera vs Jones

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet. I like vera too.

I like Jon Jones a lot, tons of potential and only 22 years old. Vera has always just left me wanting more, he never quite seems motivated enough, at least lately. He needs to be meaner in there.

Clay Guida is always interesting, he's the friggin energizer bunny, so much energy. Also like Dos Santos.

I love that there are 3 UFC events in 10 days, it's awesome. Next Saturday PPV, then the following Wednesday there's a new fight night, followed by the new season of TUF

Last edited:
Watch this before it gets removed for copyright.

[video=metacafe;3920335/mariusz_pudzianowski_world_strongest_man_mma_fight/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3920335/mariusz_pudzianowski_world_strongest_man_mma_fight/[/video]

Sloppy, but he's not only a 5 times world strongest man but has practised karate since age 11 and boxed for 7 years.

Watch this before it gets removed for copyright.

[video=metacafe;3920335/mariusz_pudzianowski_world_strongest_man_mma_fight/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3920335/mariusz_pudzianowski_world_strongest_man_mma_fight/[/v

Sloppy, but he's not only a 5 times world strongest man but has practised karate since age 11 and boxed for 7 years.

the best part is that he's fighting tim sylvia soon, which should be hilarious. I'd love to see someone try to armbar him....

I also heard he broke his karate instructor's leg with a low kick. Crazy strong dude.

Last edited: