The F33nX Fundraises for Cancer Thread

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,864
So, it's pretty obvious that this forum has a thing with cancer. And more importantly, has a thing against cancer. Lots of us has been through hell with our own experiences or battles involving loved ones. My personal story is just another page in the book- Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer in the fall of '07 and she's still fighting. Her father, uncle, and brother have lost the battle along the way.

I hate cancer. And I've been training to fight it.

Since I heard of the event last fall, I've been training for the Virginia Tech Relay for Life. The American Cancer Society puts on this 24-hour relay race for the cure every year, and so far this season we are the top university donor in the country (Michigan runs a distant second, sorry Fly :fly: ).

So I'll cut to the chase. I'm hitting you guys up for money. I think it's a fair trade- I run for 24 hours with my teammates, I think I deserve at least some form of compensation in the form of a donation against the most worthy cause, aside from the trainer rubdown. But there's a creative twist to my plea.

Over the course of this race, there will be more than 10,000 students participating. And there's no way in hell I'm wearing just one shirt for 24 hours while running. 24 hours, 24 shirts.

For a $10 donation, I'll advertise whatever you want on a t-shirt to be seen by a rather colorful student population and more than likely various forms of media, and wear it for an hour (because of the media bit, keep it like PG-13 with maybe a dash of R)- you can even request the hour (long sleeves at night, t-shirt or tank top during the day), and I'll send you a picture of the shirt at the Relay. If you donate more, I'll even autograph and send you the shirt along with another nice thank you bonus. And for the top donor, I'll send the t-shirt along with a care package filled with awesomeness. All for helping out a great cause.

My personal Relay page is here: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/vtcupcake. You can click the donate button on top of the page, or if you're terminally lazy just click here. If you donate, just send me a PM with what you'd like on the shirt.
The deadline for shirt requets is April 20th. The relay is April 24th, and donations are more than welcome even beyond that.
If there is anything that matters to me in this world, it's the fight against cancer. And I can't thank you enough for pitching in for the fight :heart:

Last edited:
we've had a big onslaught against some families on here. and two near-misses with not-a-tuumahhs here too. and i'll be getting colon cancer if i'm not careful since everyone on my mom's side has/had it.

for $10.. I can have any thing in good taste written?

How about if I donate you donate to my Alzheimer walk I do every year?

Aw, I would cept for the whole thing where I give all my money to a person with cancer. ^.^

Knock on wood: There is not history of cancer in my family.

Yet it is so freaking prevalent. Everyone knows a handful of people that have cancer.

Knock on wood: There is not history of cancer in my family.

Yet it is so freaking prevalent. Everyone knows a handful of people that have cancer.

It used to be the only thing not in my family. My uncle started the trend when he was diagnosed 5 years ago. He's been sent home from treatment because there's nothing else they can do for him :( My mom's fighting for the two of them with hers. The only reason she's alive today is because of the leading-edge aggressive therapy she was put on when she was told she only had three months to live.