NSFW The Exercise Thread

That sounds like a good plan.

If you need something good for off days, there's T25 on Plex. The workout start to finish is 25 minutes and the first round doesn't even require weights or bands. I alternate days with running and T25, and then rest on the sabbath. Keeps me sane, and the T25 has also helped me built a bit of muscle too.
Good to know I’m okay with building a little muscle.

I did 5 miles in 40 min. With that I’ve ran over 50 miles since I started. My app says I’m only doing a 20 min run on Monday so I’m thinking I’m going to up the resistance a level on the elliptical.
You're doing super well.

Went back to the gym today for the first time it reopened. It's over 90 degrees, I wasn't running outside. I've never seen a gym so clean :lol: Not many people, everyone social distancing, a lot of machines closed off so people are forced to social distance.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Also ran my first live 5K of the year Saturday. There were a ton of restrictions and social distancing requirements but it was great to run competitively again.

I'm not ready to do that yet, which is good because all of them here have been cancelled.
If it were the norm, everyone crammed together at the starting line type of race I wouldn't have done it. I'm doing one next weekend too under the same guidelines. Social distancing, staggered start times based on your average time, and so on. After that we'll see.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I ran outside at my parents and about died. I was reminded later that they are significantly higher than Phoenix (they are at 6500 ft) which made me feel a little better. However I came home and upped the resistance to 3 on the elliptical and did 3 miles. Hopefully that will start to get me closer to outside running metrics.

With the weather getting cold it was time to transition from the morning walk to something indoors.

Picked up box store special Echelon bike and a resistance band setup that has a platform with it for more exercise types.

The bike doesn't need the monthly Echelon service at $40 a month. Just slap an external cadence sensor on it and you can use Peleton, Zwift, whatever. Or just do a free ride with the app.

I'm signed up for two 5ks in October. Might do a 4 mile race in early November.
I'm trying to talk my coworker and neighbor into doing a 5k in November, the week of Thanksgiving. I'll going to do it either way, but I don't like doing them alone. It would be awesone if I can get it down to 30 minutes by then. That's an intense improvement though.

We've got no races this year. And we're obviously canceling the Dick Creek 5k. :(
Ours is in November is going to require masks until after we cross the start line. I'm actually surprised we are having one and there's a chance I won't do it depending on how crowded it is. I might end up doing it on my own in a less crowded area.

Last edited:
jump rope is great for general conditiong and coordination

when i first started jumping rope i could barely run a 12 minute mile

when i started jumping rope three months into i was able to run tow miles at 8 minute mile pace no problem

and i'm a smoker mind you

jump rope jump rope everyday of your life just make sure you do it on a wooden service. get one of those metal cable ones and go to town.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
Ours is in November is going to require masks until after we cross the start line. I'm actually surprised we are having one and there's a chance I won't do it depending on how crowded it is. I might end up doing it on my own in a less crowded area.
The races we've been allowed to have here have been small. No spectators allowed. They send us out in waves based on your average time. Waves are about a minute apart. You have to socially distance and wear a mask until the race starts. Shirts have to be worn (Not an issue this time of year), no spitting, no post race ceremonies, no mingling after the race / sticking around to cheer on other runners, basically get your shit and leave, all awards / medals are mailed to you or available for pickup at a local running shop.

The races we've been allowed to have here have been small. No spectators allowed. They send us out in waves based on your average time. Waves are about a minute apart. You have to socially distance and wear a mask until the race starts. Shirts have to be worn (Not an issue this time of year), no spitting, no post race ceremonies, no mingling after the race / sticking around to cheer on other runners, basically get your shit and leave, all awards / medals are mailed to you or available for pickup at a local running shop.
That doesn't even sound like any fun. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor