NSFW The Exercise Thread

Today will be the first day this yr I head to the treadmill at the gym. 23 degrees is simply too cold.
It hurts my chest to run in the cold. I'm a heavy breather. There's nothing as sweet as a mid-spring run.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
It hurts my chest to run in the cold.
Ditto, but other heavy duty runners say 'it will eventually stop' :iono:

for me, if it's sunny out and minimal wind I'll usually run outside down to 15ish with a light neck gaiter, I just didn't have time today.

& with a neck gaiter, half the run I end up having to pull it down because I get too hot (no pain when I breathe involved).

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I'm going through this with my best friend.
I suggest he quits smoking.
Take a walk every day.
Eat 4 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
He does absolutely none of these things, and is a few months from his 60th birthday.
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Its probably hard for him to think you have any idea what you're talking about. You dont take dessert recipes from an anorexic.

regular geezer excercise.

read: mall walker. :fly:

seriously though, if you grabbed a different set of 'walking/exercising' shoes, & gloves/hat used for it too, in 30 minutes you can pound out a quick walk of 2 miles. Then, change back to your regular work shoes, take off the gloves, & back to work.

I think the whole 'different clothes' works mentally as well as physiologically.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
read: mall walker. :fly:

seriously though, if you grabbed a different set of 'walking/exercising' shoes, & gloves/hat used for it too, in 30 minutes you can pound out a quick walk of 2 miles. Then, change back to your regular work shoes, take off the gloves, & back to work.

I think the whole 'different clothes' works mentally as well as physiologically.
My go to shoes are cross trainers. I'm not very fashion concious :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Having a little trouble with middle management, but could manage a 10 mile hike right now if I had the spare time.
Lots of people have trouble with middle management, including me. I've seen pictures of you standing and you didn't look noticeably heavy in the middle. Always try to make your best better, but be proud of your journey. You could easily decide to do nothing but you don't.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes