NSFW The Exercise Thread

IIRC, it was almost a year before @APRIL and myself could do that. Nice work!
i was doing like 2 hr sessions on the elliptical for a couple months prior to this so i had some cardio base to build on.

just got back from a 3.67 mile jog, 11.5 min pace tho but i gotta work up to 6.2 miles before i focus on speed

i was doing like 2 hr sessions on the elliptical for a couple months prior to this so i had some cardio base to build on.

just got back from a 3.67 mile jog, 11.5 min pace tho but i gotta work up to 6.2 miles before i focus on speed
Nice! I've never run 6 miles before myself, cause fuck that, but fucking awesome.

Please keep posting updates here. It's awesome to read, and might keep ya a tiny bit more motivated (but it sounds like you're doing great in that department). So mostly keep the updates coming for me.

@Ledboots this little old lady told me she switched to almond milk because she has high cholesterol and she told her doctor she refuses to take any pills. Doesn't diet influence cholesterol buy like only 20% or something like that? I'm worried about her.
They think that diet is the largest contributor to cholesterol. Those meds suck on your liver, so if she can lower it with lifestyle changes like diet and exercise, all the better. I mean losing weight lowers it, exercise too, and eating less fatty animal products and margarine helps.

Doctors love prescribing statin drugs. It depends on her age, family and personal histories, lifestyle etc if she is at a big risk for heart problems. Studies have not shown that the statin drugs reduce heart attack or heart related deaths. Edit, except one recent study that showed statins lowered the risk significantly in men with elevated LDL but no heart disease.

They think that diet is the largest contributor to cholesterol. Those meds suck on your liver, so if she can lower it with lifestyle changes like diet and exercise, all the better. I mean losing weight lowers it, exercise too, and eating less fatty animal products and margarine helps.

Doctors love prescribing statin drugs. It depends on her age, family and personal histories, lifestyle etc if she is at a big risk for heart problems. Studies have not shown that the statin drugs reduce heart attack or heart related deaths. Edit, except one recent study that showed statins lowered the risk significantly in men with elevated LDL but no heart disease.
I'm glad my doctor isn't one of those doctors. He refused to even discuss medication with me until I gave diet and exercise a legit shot.

Thanks for the info. I always thought genetics was a larger factor. I didn't give her any advice though because I wasn't sure. I just tried to encourage her to at least keep her dietary cholesterol down like her doctor said.

She's back to eating eggs every morning, burgers and stuff, and having a daily 16 ounce Americano that is literally more half & half than coffee. And also saying no to meds still.

She said life is too short to worry about it. Her husband and son died about a year ago, so I think she is just wanting to "be with them". I worry about her, but I think she has made her mind up about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Ledboots
Thanks for the info. I always thought genetics was a larger factor. I didn't give her any advice though because I wasn't sure. I just tried to encourage her to at least keep her dietary cholesterol down like her doctor said.

She's back to eating eggs every morning, burgers and stuff, and having a daily 16 ounce Americano that is literally more half & half than coffee. And also saying no to meds still.

She said life is too short to worry about it. Her husband and son died about a year ago, so I think she is just wanting to "be with them". I worry about her, but I think she has made her mind up about it.
Ya my guess is it has more to do with diet looking at that.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Dude, my bro just quit smoking. 2018 goal, and he was getting ankle surgery on Wed, 12/26 & figured it would be easy to tie in quitting with the pain killers. Cut way down all december, taking an occasional wellbutrin, & he's been cigarette free since. 2 weeks & a day. He only used pain killers for a couple days (might have only been a day and a half) after the surgery. Even his doc was like "what do you mean, 'you're not in any pain?' " :lol:

He's probably smoked 30yrs.