NSFW The Exercise Thread

ran 2 miles without stopping for first time ever today
That's awesome. You gonna go for a 5k at some point?

I rode the stationary bike today. I miss running. I'm always hurting my ankle when I run. Probably need new shoes.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
ran 2 miles without stopping for first time ever today
That's awesome! I didn't start running until late June. I had agreed to do a 5k with a friend in early September. The first time I got off the elliptical and jumped on the treadmill I ran 2 miles without stopping at a very slow jogging pace. The next day I could barely walk and thought wtf was I thinking signing up for this damn thing :lol:. I didn't quit and stuck with it though. 2 months later I finished the 5K in just over 30 minutes. Today, about 6 months after the first time I ran and 35 lbs. later, I ran 4.5 miles without stopping. Stick with it, you got this!!

All this talk about running is really making me Jones for a jog. If only I wasn't too cheap to buy some damn running shoes.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
All this talk about running is really making me Jones for a jog. If only I wasn't too cheap to buy some damn running shoes.
Buy the shoes. First, it will give you the tiniest bit more motivation to keep jogging, 2nd, you can always use them as boring old gymshoes if you're a quitter. The thing is, if you get them, jogging will be less strenuous on your body.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
one more reason for decent shoes poverty peds dude!
I'm not sure what poverty peds are, but if you mean performance enhancing drugs I do get free coffee at the coffee shop. I think that would count as poverty peds.