NSFW The Exercise Thread

If you ever need to move faster than a brisk walk: bicycle. The only reason to run is from the cops.

Therefore, running is for criminals.

Did my run yesterday afternoon, because I was too lazy to get up at 5. Came back in 56:00. Felt good to do a PR the afternoon before my birthday.

However, my nose has been running like a faucet since then, despite me dosing to the gills on f'n dayquil and loratadine. Prolly got the 'rona.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Did my run yesterday afternoon, because I was too lazy to get up at 5. Came back in 56:00. Felt good to do a PR the afternoon before my birthday.

However, my nose has been running like a faucet since then, despite me dosing to the gills on f'n dayquil and loratadine. Prolly got the 'rona.
omg we're birthday-ish brothers!

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Started doing Slurpees again. It's a modified burpee. Must be done wearing socks on a wood or tile floor. Slide out after the pushup instead of jump. Kind of combines a pushup and a rollout. I had abs of steel this summer. Now, hidden below a cushy layer of blubber.

I ran this morning, 5 miles, against my better judgment. I should have passed, but went anyway (my vaccine fever broke Thursday night).

My time was shit, 53 minutes, and I've been full of phlegm all day.
That's damn near speed walking. "Look, a sickly Sasquatch speed-walking. Let's tease the ailing fucker with some Jack's Links"

Hope you get feeling better.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum

11/21 here :cool:
When the 'rents have a fun Valentine's Day.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum
Cardio is overrated. All it does is enable you to burn more calories than you consume. In order to obtain the "dream physique" they heavily push in movies/media you need to actually pick up a weight at some point.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Cardio is overrated. All it does is enable you to burn more calories than you consume. In order to obtain the "dream physique" they heavily push in movies/media you need to actually pick up a weight at some point.
For your effort you get to look forward to being a doughy middle-aged man carrying more weight than your joints would like.

For your effort you get to look forward to being a doughy middle-aged man carrying more weight than your joints would like.
Nobody said you have to carry any dough with your steak. And some who have fucked up joints have done it through cardio. Running sucks for your joints unless you are fairly light. That said, some people get themselves so slim with cardio they don't have enough supporting musculature to do any heavy lifting. Most of the heavy cardio-pumping people I know are useless for anything requiring core body strength. Like, they're 20 below recommended weight for their heigh? Fuck that. And not sexy - need a little meat on the steak.
I think a very real problem is most people slide into 40+ figuring they can let it go because they were athletic when younger.

• Gravy
Reactions: Music&Chill
Not if you follow a proper diet/eating plan and don't try to bulk up by overeating. Cardio is only essential if you want to speed up the fat cutting process.

That being said putting on muscle is a slow process so it's better to make it a lifestyle rather than using it to chase a particular result.