NSFW The Exercise Thread

I'm sure you already know this, but your weight loss is likely to slow down quite a bit. Not only will your body get more efficient, but you'll lose less weight the closer you get to a weight that could sustain a 1400 calorie a day diet.

That said, please keep posting your progress. Fucking awesome!@

Yeah there is also some research that says once I reach my maintenance weight, I'll still have to eat less calories than someone who has always been a normal weight, basically my metabolism is permanent fucked.

Yeah there is also some research that says once I reach my maintenance weight, I'll still have to eat less calories than someone who has always been a normal weight, basically my metabolism is permanent fucked.
From what I've read, that isn't the case. In effect, a calorie is a calorie.

Impossible experiment:
If you took identical twins, let one get fat for a long time and only fed the other a rational diet. Then somehow get their bodys back to being identical, meaning weight/muscle/fat/etc. If fed the same diet, they would always weigh the same. The math is simple, a calorie is a unit of energy. You can't magically add more energy to a calorie that would allow the previously fat twin to gain weight.

It's the same for you. Your resting metabolic rate will be nearly identical to a person like you who was never fat.

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog
From what I've read, that isn't the case. In effect, a calorie is a calorie.

Impossible experiment:
If you took identical twins, let one get fat for a long time and only fed the other a rational diet. Then somehow get their bodys back to being identical, meaning weight/muscle/fat/etc. If fed the same diet, they would always weigh the same. The math is simple, a calorie is a unit of energy. You can't magically add more energy to a calorie that would allow the previously fat twin to gain weight.

It's the same for you. Your resting metabolic rate will be nearly identical to a person like you who was never fat.
I hope that is the case cuss I miss food. Since I have the beetus I'll prob always have to eat a mostly low glycemic diet but I'm hoping to introduce those carbs back when I reach maintenance.

I hope that is the case cuss I miss food. Since I have the beetus I'll prob always have to eat a mostly low glycemic diet but I'm hoping to introduce those carbs back when I reach maintenance.
Yep. Use whatever diet works for you, but for weight loss/maintenance the only thing that matters is calories consumed minus calories burned. The result will tell you if you're going to gain/maintain/lose weight.

Anyone that makes it more complicated than that is just selling you something.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and MadDog
Yep. Use whatever diet works for you, but for weight loss/maintenance the only thing that matters is calories consumed minus calories burned. The result will tell you if you're going to gain/maintain/lose weight.

Anyone that makes it more complicated than that is just selling you something.
def agree there

190120818Screenshot20190120154411Connect.jpg

215 on scale afterwards

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL
My 14 year old decided she wants to start running so I’ve been roped into exercising. Wednesday we did 1.75 miles. Today we did 1.25 miles then the baby got super grumpy so we had to stop. We’re doing couch to 5k. The 11 year old is joining us (he’s my natural runner and can do a 7 min mile without trying). They are both in much better shape than I am.