NSFW The Exercise Thread

I've changed Pedometer apps. The old one is turning itself on and off on a whim. Mostly OFF!!

This one, free also,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...stepcounter.calorieburner.pedometerforwalking
rocks. Great UI. #s wise seems to be off by 1% without any adjustments by me so no biggie there. I haven't noticed if it's better or worse on the battery. For me, what's nice is this one has an ongoing count on the face of your phone so every time you open your phone, in addition to your reg crap, you can see where you're at during the day step-wise. I like that because you don't have to open the app to see where you're at during the day.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I've changed Pedometer apps. The old one is turning itself on and off on a whim. Mostly OFF!!

This one, free also,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...stepcounter.calorieburner.pedometerforwalking
rocks. Great UI. #s wise seems to be off by 1% without any adjustments by me so no biggie there. I haven't noticed if it's better or worse on the battery. For me, what's nice is this one has an ongoing count on the face of your phone so every time you open your phone, in addition to your reg crap, you can see where you're at during the day step-wise. I like that because you don't have to open the app to see where you're at during the day.
Whatcha got against a Fitbit, or other real fitness tracker?

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Whatcha got against a Fitbit, or other real fitness tracker?
Nothing. Just don't have one yet. I'm waiting for a good $99 wrist 24/7 HR watch to pop up again. there was none near me when you & ape picked up that Target deal a while back.

the phone one works for me because 95% of the time I'm on my feet it's in my pocket or strapped to my arm. I'm not neurotic about missing a few steps.

Nothing. Just don't have one yet. I'm waiting for a good $99 wrist 24/7 HR watch to pop up again. there was none near me when you & ape picked up that Target deal a while back.

the phone one works for me because 95% of the time I'm on my feet it's in my pocket or strapped to my arm. I'm not neurotic about missing a few steps.
Just get a Charge 3 and be done with it!

Don't you know I'll cut choo, Chola?

Sure

giphy.gif

So @APRIL and I donated blood on Sunday. Then we 'ran' last night. I ran 3 miles in 32 minutes and had to stop and dry heave a couple of times. Since I ran a 5k last week in 25 minutes, I can only assume those are related.

Holy fuck I thought I was going to die.

I started doing DDP Yoga about a month ago on the days I don't run. I was happy with my weight loss since the spring but wanted to start toning up more and I hate weights and machines. Can't get motivated with them. A friend recommended looking into some yoga workouts and I decided to try this one. Holy shit I love it and have already seen results in the first month. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good workout to do at home.