NSFW The Exercise Thread

I'm about to start working my way to one-legged squats, starting with Bulgarian split squats. I've just now started getting back into calisthenics. I was looking for a way to repace barbell squats and this looks promising.

Since I don’t have a reason to post in this thread often I’m going to take advantage this morning. I just did a 10 mile bike ride on a mountain with a bunch of 11 year olds this morning. I did come in last but I finished so we’re marking it as a win.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Ledboots
@Darth Handsome, you were interested, so here you go:

1000 w/u (400 swim, 300 drill, 200 kick, 100 pull)

8x100 @1:40, distance per stroke
4x25 @:30, descending
4x200 @3:15, negative split
2x400 @6:30, negative split (I actually did the second one as an IM).

3x100 :20 rest

8x50 with deck work in between (so, pushups, abs, that sort of thing)

4400 yd.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I haven't been able to run for almost 6 weeks. This fucking sucks.
you should tell your boss you quit. This level of work is slave labor.

in fact, you should totally quit the rat race, and work at a relaxed pace for yourself.

oh wait :D

Just signed up for my first 5K in September. God help me. If I die it's for the Make A Wish Foundation so at least I died for a good cause. And if I live I get 3 drink tickets to use at the local bars so that's a bonus.
You know, there's lots of 'couch to 5k' plans on the interwebs & phone apps. You've got time to get ready for a reasonable time. Get reasonable shoes sooner than later. Even if you never run another 5k again, they'll be good for for feet for walking.

You know, there's lots of 'couch to 5k' plans on the interwebs & phone apps. You've got time to get ready for a reasonable time. Get reasonable shoes sooner than later. Even if you never run another 5k again, they'll be good for for feet for walking.
I tried a couple of those programs and they fucking sucked. Just putting in the miles is what did it for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I tried a couple of those programs and they fucking sucked. Just putting in the miles is what did it for me.
if you're motivated.

The 'miles' worked for me too, but those programs got me off my ass to do it at least believing I had *some* direction. They're so rudimentary that after the first week, and seeing the slow buildup, importance of taking a couple days off each week, you realize what you need to do & can start doing it on your own.

Just signed up for my first 5K in September. God help me. If I die it's for the Make A Wish Foundation so at least I died for a good cause. And if I live I get 3 drink tickets to use at the local bars so that's a bonus.
Dude, you can walk three miles... So no stress.

Good on you though. :highfive: