NSFW The Exercise Thread

So after jogging in place yesterday doing my 250 FitBit steps an hour, my Achilles started burning. It's been bothering me for probably two months now after running, but never after doing some fucking steps. Ugh.

So I've started doing some stretches for the little piece of shit. :mad:

So after jogging in place yesterday doing my 250 FitBit steps an hour, my Achilles started burning. It's been bothering me for probably two months now after running, but never after doing some fucking steps. Ugh.

do you stretch at all (prior to this)? My achilles got all fucked up cause i wasnt stretching.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and Ledboots

Remember man you’re almost 50. Those things might pop on you.

do you stretch at all (prior to this)? My achilles got all fucked up cause i wasnt stretching.
No, and I haven't for 5+ years.

And I've got a couple pair of shoes that I rotate through every week. They're all zero drop, but I've been wearing zeroes for probably two years now.

No, and I haven't for 5+ years.

And I've got a couple pair of shoes that I rotate through every week. They're all zero drop, but I've been wearing zeroes for probably two years now.

well, dont be a dumbass, and stretch.

I never questioned a fart for a many number of years... until one day.

Now I question every fart.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Amstel
well, dont be a dumbass, and stretch.
There is data that says that stretching (no matter the type) actually increases the chance of injury. So the jury is still out. Either way, I've been doing these distances for five years without stretching. I doubt that's the issue.

There is data that says that stretching (no matter the type) actually increases the chance of injury. So the jury is still out. Either way, I've been doing these distances for five years without stretching. I doubt that's the issue.
So, I've been reading your posts on this (I think we had this convo last yr too) & now wonder if age has anything to do with it.

My shins hurt before I started stretching, but don't now. Also, I don't do any 'hyper' type stretching. Just enough to replicate the motions that I'll be repeating on the run. I get that there may be data increases injury chance but I'd like to see how they come up with it. Like, if you stretch, do you think you can push yourself even more so when you do you get injured? That sounds more like correlation. Like if you just stretch and then do a regular run, you're not killing yourself.

idk, but I do know that my shins don't hurt when I stretch. & there's times when I do way less stretching and a mile in I can start feeling my shins, stop, do my normal stretch, and run the rest of the route just fine.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL