NSFW The Exercise Thread

That's like an upper body/lower body split then? Most people I talk to do core work on leg day. Is there a benifit to doing core on the same day as uper body?
I think for him, and also me when I'm doing strength training, it's a matter of just keeping the overall system balanced and stable versus getting swole. I would absolutely isolate more muscle groups on more days for swole purposes, but when I'm marathon training I have a lower body day and an upper body day just to keep everything happy.

ETA i do core work post-run during marathon training. I do zero extra conditioning work during tri season.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I think for him, and also me when I'm doing strength training, it's a matter of just keeping the overall system balanced and stable versus getting swole. I would absolutely isolate more muscle groups on more days for swole purposes, but when I'm marathon training I have a lower body day and an upper body day just to keep everything happy.

ETA i do core work post-run during marathon training. I do zero extra conditioning work during tri season.
That's probably a good method for the majority of people, even if getting swole is the goal. Isolation seems like a waste of time and energy, unless maybe somebody was trying to compete in bodybuilding.

That's probably a good method for the majority of people, even if getting swole is the goal. Isolation seems like a waste of time and energy, unless maybe somebody was trying to compete in bodybuilding.
I only care about my muscle tone insofar as it informs my fitness to engage in swimming, skiing, hiking, and biking.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve
I don't know whether to feel bad for you or happy for you.
giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and OOD
Been stressed all day. Really looking forward to my run. So, I walk out the door and the bottom falls out. Now I don't mind running in the rain, but I don't think the lightning that came with it is going to offer me any stress relief.

Looking good is a direct byproduct of all the hard work we put in.
That was my point. Looking good may not be the goal, but it would give you another reason to keep it up. But my comment was ment for Jehannum when he said he only cares about how it helps with his hobbies. I don't believe for one second that improvement in appearance is of no concern.

That being said, I don't think looking good is a good goal for the long term for most people.

That was my point. Looking good may not be the goal, but it would give you another reason to keep it up. But my comment was ment for Jehannum when he said he only cares about how it helps with his hobbies. I don't believe for one second that improvement in appearance is of no concern.

That being said, I don't think looking good is a good goal for the long term for most people.
It's not a priority for me. I look like hell at every finish line but goddammit I'm there.

I look fucking goofy. Doesn't matter if I'm fat or thin.

Hamster wheeled it today for 4 miles. I can't wait until I can get back in the pool. FUCK THIS FUCKING FINGER.

I look fucking goofy. Doesn't matter if I'm fat or thin.

Hamster wheeled it today for 4 miles. I can't wait until I can get back in the pool. FUCK THIS FUCKING FINGER.
I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of you looking fine as hell. At least I think those were pictures of you.