NSFW The Exercise Thread

I work out a couple days a week. I do my cardio on a elliptical. I haven't actually "ran" in a long time. More worried about my knee and back holding up more than if I'll have a stroke.
I don't know your medical issues, but I've had to use a knee brace before and it helps some. Plus, don't be ashamed to walk... better than injuring further.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
You'll survive. There are 300lb people doing 5k's.
Yep most people can do a 5k without training at all. Might take them an hour though. My first one with no training took me just over 45 min. That was about a hundred pounds ago.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and APRIL
I work out a couple days a week. I do my cardio on a elliptical. I haven't actually "ran" in a long time. More worried about my knee and back holding up more than if I'll have a stroke.
You Should be fine. If you've got serious knee problems, you might want to walk for some of it. If it's on a hard surface you'll really want to be careful. I run almost entirely on dirt now because I've had trouble with my knees in the past.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and APRIL
I threw some talcum powder on the undercarriage today, since I'm having a little chafing when I run, on account of my running shorts are too fuckin' old.

Anyhow, I just farted and left a white poof of powder up my back.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and fly
I don't really do "arm day" as such. I do a core day and a leg day for resistance training.

Core day, I do bench, overhead, and declined presses, seated row, pullups, chinups, and a set of ridiculous core exercises that my swim coach taught me (basically every muscle in between my tits and my taint are sore afterwards).

I don't really do "arm day" as such. I do a core day and a leg day for resistance training.

Core day, I do bench, overhead, and declined presses, seated row, pullups, chinups, and a set of ridiculous core exercises that my swim coach taught me (basically every muscle in between my tits and my taint are sore afterwards).
That's like an upper body/lower body split then? Most people I talk to do core work on leg day. Is there a benifit to doing core on the same day as uper body?

That's like an upper body/lower body split then? Most people I talk to do core work on leg day. Is there a benifit to doing core on the same day as uper body?
I dunno, it was a clean split that made me happy and broke things up in a way that balanced my time use between days.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
RED MIST WEDNESDAY

400m warmup

10x400m descending the whole damn way

100 cooldown until I could feel like a human being again

4500m

This is great but I just read this and the first thing I thought was "Its only fucking Wednesday!?!?!".
Thought I might be missing some time.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve