Thread The Entitled (unknowningly?) complaining about entitlements

I'm not sure. I feel like when people my parents age die, we'll be okay.

Baby boomers are fuckers, you know.

Retirement was meant to be a few years, not 35. Need to raise retirement age for ss closer to life expectency. Like within 5 years or something.

Both my parents paid into SS their entire life and never saw a check. My dad at the max contribution rate. This thread demonstrates a horrible understand of how this stuff actually works so even bothering to correct it isn't worth it because everyone is frothing for "justice"

Also there are no such thing as reductions in your fica contribution, it's pegged to your salary.

Both my parents paid into SS their entire life and never saw a check. My dad at the max contribution rate. This thread demonstrates a horrible understand of how this stuff actually works so even bothering to correct it isn't worth it because everyone is frothing for "justice"

Also there are no such thing as reductions in your fica contribution, it's pegged to your salary.

Now try that in English.

My mom collected 5 months of social security and did not use medicare at all. My dad collected nothing. They both worked full time for over 40 years.

My grandmother has been collecting social security for a little over 30 years.