GAY The Dutch To Ban Tourists From Giving Dutch Rudders

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/4358023/Tourists-to-be-banned-from-cannabis-cafes

The Dutch government said it wanted to ban tourists from buying cannabis in "coffee shops", where hash is on sale legally, as part of a national crackdown on drug use.
The Netherlands has one of Europe's most liberal soft drug policies and its coffee shops are a popular tourist attraction, especially in Amsterdam and border cities near Belgium and Germany.
But some cities near the border with Belgium have clamped down on drug tourism, and the Dutch minister for security and justice confirmed on Wednesday a wider crackdown after coalition parties agreed to push for a ban in September.
The government, which took office last month, has agreed to limit the sale of cannabis to Dutch residents to curb crime linked to its production and trading.
"No tourist attractions. We don't like that," the minister, Ivo Opstelten, told public broadcaster NOS on Wednesday.
"The heart of the problem is crime and disturbances surrounding the sale. We have to go back to what it was meant for: local use for those who would like it."
Amsterdam, home to 223 coffee shops, is already in the process of closing some in the red light district to tackle criminal activity in the area, and was studying the government proposal.
:lol: Goodbye tourist economy!

As far as I knew there was no other reason for people to go there.

I'm so glad we just went because really there isn't that much else there. I mean, after you take in the general ambiance you pretty much have seen it all. If it weren't for the coffee shops I'd have only needed a day to see everything worth seeing in that city. The art museums aren't all that, there's not a whole lot of places you'd want to take a tour of, there's some interesting shopping I guess. The food is actually quite good, but not a lot you can't get elsewhere. Yeah, I'm stumped as to why anyone would think this is a good idea.

I'm so glad we just went because really there isn't that much else there. I mean, after you take in the general ambiance you pretty much have seen it all. If it weren't for the coffee shops I'd have only needed a day to see everything worth seeing in that city. The art museums aren't all that, there's not a whole lot of places you'd want to take a tour of, there's some interesting shopping I guess. The food is actually quite good, but not a lot you can't get elsewhere. Yeah, I'm stumped as to why anyone would think this is a good idea.

did you pick yourself out a pretty girl in the window? :furry:

attachment.php

I'd love to go purely for the architecture to be honest. I don't think I'd smoke weed at all, the stuff they have there is majorly strong and I'm not interested.

Now the magic mushrooms....

The weed there isn't really any stronger than weed here. I don't know what you smoke in the UK. I approve of you mushroom notion. The architecture can be taken in in a day. It's not something that requires a lot of time, and I'm a girl that loves architecture and art of any kind.

did you pick yourself out a pretty girl in the window? :furry:

Nah, the pretty girls looked like they thought they were too good to be working it. I figured they would be terrible in bed. We got us an ugly girl. She was a freak!

From what I know of the Dutch they'd generally like to do that anyway.

Yeah, they aren't big on tourists. They aren't very friendly either. You'd think they would like people as long as they were polite and respectful.