The Dong Thread

The color is "cocoon" which is basically white :tard: WHAT WAS I THINKING????

Ohh... yeah see, it was all my evil plan to get the carpets destroyed in the shortest amount of time possible so I can get them all replaced with dark hardwood :drool: My evil knows no bounds!!!

In other news, I was interviewed and Lu got her picture taken today to appear in a puff piece profiling the doggy daycare we take her to everyday. :cool: I had to lie about where I lived so the apartment people didn't see it... 2 more weeks!!!

eeeewwww... I have ceramic in most of my first floor... does it really break easily?? I heart my floors more than just about anything else, I would be so mad if they broke.
if you get dark hardwood, make sure it has a dark core also, otherwise scratches show up white against dark and it looks terrible with wear. it also makes dust that settles into the cracks between boards (tongue&groove) stand out, and it's impossible to get dust out of those cracks. we had to refinish a brand new floor for a client because it got drywall dust in it.

tile only breaks easily if it's not properly installed. if the installer uses thin-set mortar, the subfloor needs to be perfectly flat and very stable. it's better to go with thicker mortar because it provides a better base for the tiles.

if you get dark hardwood, make sure it has a dark core also, otherwise scratches show up white against dark and it looks terrible with wear. it also makes dust that settles into the cracks between boards (tongue&groove) stand out, and it's impossible to get dust out of those cracks. we had to refinish a brand new floor for a client because it got drywall dust in it.

tile only breaks easily if it's not properly installed. if the installer uses thin-set mortar, the subfloor needs to be perfectly flat and very stable. it's better to go with thicker mortar because it provides a better base for the tiles.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Thanks for the tip!!!
my pleasure. one thing that helps with the dust in the cracks problem is having the floor finished in place rather than installing prefinished flooring. having it finished in place means that the finish fills in the narrowest gaps. the downside is that prefinished flooring has an aluminum oxide coating that resists wear VERY well (but doesn't help protect against scratches... just regular friction wear), and finished in place is typically more expensive.

for the record: those lunch presentations actually work sometimes.

I was just called and interviewed by the Sun Times about Lu's doggie daycare, hopefully nobody in our apartment complex reads it.

"The Dog that lives in my house" decided to cover the floors in chocolate pudding yet again. All of my area rugs are ruined and the roomie just left it all sitting there all day long so he can just pay someone to do it(who still hasnt shown up). I think its about time for a ultimatum

"The Dog that lives in my house" decided to cover the floors in chocolate pudding yet again. All of my area rugs are ruined and the roomie just left it all sitting there all day long so he can just pay someone to do it(who still hasnt shown up). I think its about time for a ultimatum

Time to start crapping on the floor...