The Dong Thread

I just switched him from Iams to California Natural and now his asshole is angry. I took him outside every hour and a half all night long in anticipation of the event, and then at 6 a.m, right after coming back into the goddamn house, all sludgy hell broke loose. Anyway, I boxed it up and dropped it in the mail for you.

eewww :( Yeah it's never a good idea to abruptly change a dog's diet, you have to do so gradually over time so their tummies can adjust.

I have a question about greyhounds and schedules. This dog is very clingy and nervous, and I suspect it's because his foster family took away the regimented life he was used to. He went from living in a crate and having set feeding and eating times to having the run of their house with food and water out all the time. Do you think that would have stripped him of his security?

I'm thinking of implementing a strict schedule. Feeding at 5:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m., walking him for 15-20 minutes after each meal, and then keeping him crated while I'm at work (obviously, since he would destroy my house otherwise). He'd be out of his crate in the evenings, but based on last night I will probably put him in it to sleep for a couple of days at least until his bowels settle down.

How did you do it when you started out? What do you currently do?

Dogs typically respond well to strict schedules and routine. A tired dog is a happy dog, so if you tire him out in the morning, you shouldn't have any problems leaving him for the day.

i heard from some pet owners that spot shot is very good with pet stains.

Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy stain & odor remover... it's magic

Works on blood, poo, pee, red wine, diarreah, hairballs, you name it. We have yet to find something it doesn't work on. The trick is to blot up as much of the mess first, then just spray the heck out of the stain with this stuff, and leave it alone. Enzymes make it all go away, it's magic I tell you!!

Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy stain & odor remover... it's magic

Works on blood, poo, pee, red wine, diarreah, hairballs, you name it. We have yet to find something it doesn't work on. The trick is to blot up as much of the mess first, then just spray the heck out of the stain with this stuff, and leave it alone. Enzymes make it all go away, it's magic I tell you!!

I'll never need a plunger again.

You should open a doggie daycare, you get paid to play with other people's dogs everyday, sometimes boarding them, and it provides an avenue to foster shelter dogs and help with their socialization until they find forever homes.

www.centralbarkusa.com

heeeeeeey...she might be on to something here, ape!!!! :heart:

I like the idea! Also Chikken mentioned making the animals run on treadmills and pocket the energy checks. Instead of making them work like that :fly: the whole concept of doing the place up green with solar panels and no trash, etc would be heaven.

I like the idea! Also Chikken mentioned making the animals run on treadmills and pocket the energy checks. Instead of making them work like that :fly: the whole concept of doing the place up green with solar panels and no trash, etc would be heaven.

They're opening one up in Gainesville soon, if you ever feel like driving you can check it out. It's a franchise, I've taken Lu to 2 different sites in Illinois and overall they're pretty impressive. I'm so jealous of Cindy, even though she spends her days mopping up dog pee, it's gotta be better than any deskjob.

So I drive home for lunch (40 miles round trip) and the dog is sitting in his cage covered in shit. There's shit coating the bars, matted in his fur, and smeared all over his blankets and toys. His third diarrhea explosion in 7 hours. All I could do was toss everything into the bathtub to deal with tonight. I spent a good 30 minutes scrubbing the goddamn cage in my work clothes, and Jesus Christ my apartment smells like a rotting corpse made of vomit and cottage cheese.

Now my question is this: how the fuck is it even remotely possible for any breed of dog to have such a sensitive gastrointestinal system? Dogs are pack hunters and scavengers. They'll eat damn near anything, including their own shit. (Except in this case, or course, which would have saved me a good deal of trouble.) And yet switching from one brand of dried dog food to another turns their assholes into chocolate geysers for hours. It just defies logic.

Now I have to go shopping tonight for theac's prognosticated water proof bedding, a Bissell steam cleaner, dog shampoo, a new American made rawhide chewy thing (not as easy to find as you'd think), and God-knows-what-else but which will probably be covered in shit by the time I get home. Ceiling fan, sofa, ice tray, clothes, my neighbor's stereo...

I remember once, shortly after bringing ChikkenPup home. We're watching TV and hear this awful ripping sound, and there's ChikkenPup smiling broadly while spraying out of her butt towards the door.

Then there was the time we went to Denver, her first night there she did in her crate what you describe there - though there may have been vomit involved too, and that was the last night she ever spent in a crate :lol:

So I drive home for lunch (40 miles round trip) and the dog is sitting in his cage covered in shit. There's shit coating the bars, matted in his fur, and smeared all over his blankets and toys. His third diarrhea explosion in 7 hours. All I could do was toss everything into the bathtub to deal with tonight. I spent a good 30 minutes scrubbing the goddamn cage in my work clothes, and Jesus Christ my apartment smells like a rotting corpse made of vomit and cottage cheese.

Now my question is this: how the fuck is it even remotely possible for any breed of dog to have such a sensitive gastrointestinal system? Dogs are pack hunters and scavengers. They'll eat damn near anything, including their own shit. (Except in this case, or course, which would have saved me a good deal of trouble.) And yet switching from one brand of dried dog food to another turns their assholes into chocolate geysers for hours. It just defies logic.

Now I have to go shopping tonight for theac's prognosticated water proof bedding, a Bissell steam cleaner, dog shampoo, a new American made rawhide chewy thing (not as easy to find as you'd think), and God-knows-what-else but which will probably be covered in shit by the time I get home. Ceiling fan, sofa, ice tray, clothes, my neighbor's stereo...

Daycare looks better and better, doesn't it?