The Dong Thread

Dog diarrhea is the most vile and nauseating substance on earth. A factoid I have just discovered.

Ew I'm with you on that. Diego had diarrhea for like 2 months after we got him. Vet said he was fine but we were changing his towels in the crate like 3 times a night at least.

But then one magical day Auntie Zac and Uncle April dog sat and he started shitting solids. I have no clue what they did to that dogs ass but it was a miracle.

My mom used to have a dog that would do that everytime it was scared.
It was fun to go over and bang pots together.
She was mad at me for like a month.

I just switched him from Iams to California Natural and now his asshole is angry. I took him outside every hour and a half all night long in anticipation of the event, and then at 6 a.m, right after coming back into the goddamn house, all sludgy hell broke loose. Anyway, I boxed it up and dropped it in the mail for you.

I have a question about greyhounds and schedules. This dog is very clingy and nervous, and I suspect it's because his foster family took away the regimented life he was used to. He went from living in a crate and having set feeding and eating times to having the run of their house with food and water out all the time. Do you think that would have stripped him of his security?

I'm thinking of implementing a strict schedule. Feeding at 5:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m., walking him for 15-20 minutes after each meal, and then keeping him crated while I'm at work (obviously, since he would destroy my house otherwise). He'd be out of his crate in the evenings, but based on last night I will probably put him in it to sleep for a couple of days at least until his bowels settle down.

How did you do it when you started out? What do you currently do?

Last edited:
I have a question about greyhounds and schedules. This dog is very clingy and nervous, and I suspect it's because his foster family took away the regimented life he was used to. He went from living in a crate and having set feeding and eating times to having the run of their house with food and water out all the time. Do you think that would have stripped him of his security?

I'm thinking of implementing a strict schedule. Feeding at 5:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m., walking him for 15-20 minutes after each meal, and then keeping him crated while I'm at work (obviously, since he would destroy my house otherwise). He'd be out of his crate in the evenings, but based on last night I will probably put him in it to sleep for a couple of days at least until his bowels settle down.

How did you do it when you started out? What do you currently do?

Yes, that's exactly what you should do. If the foster family didn't, shame on them. They should know better if they're caring for greys on a regular basis. As I mentioned, if you have a cat or some kind of other animal, try to encourage it to hang out near the crate so he doesn't get lonely. Talk radio also helps during the day. Try to get him out and social with other dogs as much as possible. If none of that works, then doggie day care twice a week should help calm him down and wear him out. If even that doesn't work, talk to your vet about calmers.

Edit : As for what I do now, they dogs are restricted to the bonus room only, which is all vinyl tile. They have enough room to walk around and play, but don't have free reign of the whole house. I leave water out for them now, but I used to restrict it until they got scheduled. Food is still strictly measured and scheduled. They have a treat or toy or both left with them during the day to keep them occupied. When I come home, they go outside and run around like crack heads for 20 minutes or so. At night, they have free reign of the house, but usually end up in the bedroom with me or sleeping in the bonus room. It'll probably take a good month or two for him to get fully adjusted. Never hit a grey, as they're fairly sensitive dogs. Just using a strong voice is enough for them to know when they've messed up.

Last edited:
Bissel upright steam cleaner is a must

We have the handheld battery powered Bissel pet stain cleaner/vaccumm. That thing makes messes no big deal. love it!

Sucks everything out of the carpet. Yours sounds a bit higher scale, but compared to using napkins/brushes for messes these items are a dream.

Anyone own a Bissell 9500? I've been thinking about one for quite a while. After Crapapalooza last night I'm pretty much sold.

Last edited:
I can't handle this thread anymore. I may just quit my job tomorrow to go work with animals.

THANKS GUYS!

You should open a doggie daycare, you get paid to play with other people's dogs everyday, sometimes boarding them, and it provides an avenue to foster shelter dogs and help with their socialization until they find forever homes.

www.centralbarkusa.com