The Dong Thread

Are you coming home mid-day to check on her until she gets used to you being away?

Or did her foster parents already do this?

HIM. Jeez, he'll hear you.

I work 20 miles away, so mid-day checkups aren't wallet friendly. I intend to feed and walk in the morning, crate during the day, and then feed and walk in the evening. I certainly hope he will be able to deal with being in a crate for 8 hours.

I work 20 miles away, so mid-day checkups aren't wallet friendly. I intend to feed and walk in the morning, crate during the day, and then feed and walk in the evening. I certainly hope he will be able to deal with being in a crate for 8 hours.

I absolutely love that it only took you a day to be a crazy dog dad and speak for your dog. Thats great.

Very little water in the morning... sucks having to hold it that long. :)

I need a new car in a big, big way. I don't think Honda had "large dog transportation" on their design specs when they pieced that thing together. I doubt I'll be able to fit both him and the kid in the car at the same time, which kind of nixes trips to area lakes for the time being.

He's acclimating pretty well. Definitely loves to sleep, and is obviously trained to zero in on small animals. I took him for a walk this morning at around 6 (lol sleep) and encountered a squirrel and two rabbits. Fucker was just waiting for me to drop the hammer. Those dogs are powerful. It wasn't a vicious demeanor, either, but more like Instant Pursuit Syndrome. You can feel the energy in them.

Other than that he spends all of his time attached to my hip. If I break line of sight he immediately gets up and follows me into the next room. He sleeps on the floor next to my bed at night and sleeps at my feet during the day (right now, for example). And I guess I can forget about bathroom privacy.

*bam* (door flings open)

him: "Hey dude, what's up?"

me: "Takin' a piss."

him: "Right on."

He's incredibly affectionate, too, and generally very calm. Walks and sniffs as opposed to darting around and knocking shit over. He did alright when I left the house last night for a couple of hours. Came home and he was rooing at the back door waiting for me. The blinds in my bedroom had been carefully bent in random directions too. I'm not sure what exactly he was going for, but the overall effect was rather modern.

Other than that we're just kind of getting used to each other. It's certainly a life-altering experience having a large animal in the house, and trying to establish set food/potty/walk times. I'll try to post some pics later.

time to get rid of your del sol? sorry mang :heart:

We adopted a Puggle :eek:

We are calling him Grizzy Bear, he's about a year old and was rescued from a shelter in Indiana which was closing, and all of the animals were going to be euthanized.

He lives at daycare until we close on our house (October 7). Mostly LuLu picked him out, since he started fostering at daycare, they've been inseparable whenever she's there. We went to hang out Saturday, and he and Ryan really bonded.

Yay dogs!

he is sooo cute!!!! :heart: and you're crazy. :fly: ;)

:lol: Well, yeah.

But now everyone has a buddy, and we'll have our chaotic house

He's a licker, boy I tell you. We stopped by to drop Lu off this morning and say Hi to him and I got a bath.

We adopted a Puggle :eek:

We are calling him Grizzy Bear, he's about a year old and was rescued from a shelter in Indiana which was closing, and all of the animals were going to be euthanized.

He lives at daycare until we close on our house (October 7). Mostly LuLu picked him out, since he started fostering at daycare, they've been inseparable whenever she's there. We went to hang out Saturday, and he and Ryan really bonded.

Yay dogs!

Lol I would probably avoid letting April near that dog. If you want to keep him.

OMG I just realized that they match. :heart:

:lol:

About that.... :eek:

See... our two male cats are both black/white tuxedo cats-they match

our two girls are tortoise shell-they match

now Lu matches her brother.

We have one big gray cat that doesn't match anyone, and we almost got another gray cat Saturday too but decided it would be too much.

you need to move on to monkeys and giraffes lil :p

Well, our next house is going to be a farmhouse with acreage. We're thinking 20+ acres and then we will be adding horses and other animals to the mix.

We have friends with FDA licenses who have camels and zebras and wallabys and stuff... talk about coolness.