The Dong Thread

picture.php

She looks like she could use a Popsicle.

Yeah man I hear you - our dog is Brindle and the coat is awesome.

Here's a recent pic of her, she sleeps and sometimes chews her bone under our bed like a cat... it's pretty cool:

picture.php

Notice the bone, it's one of those "indestructible" bones. She goes through one every week

dat b dymond yo

Yeah man I hear you - our dog is Brindle and the coat is awesome.

Here's a recent pic of her, she sleeps and sometimes chews her bone under our bed like a cat... it's pretty cool:

picture.php

Notice the bone, it's one of those "indestructible" bones. She goes through one every week

What kind of dog is that? Brindle makes every dog look twice as awesome.

What kind of dog is that? Brindle makes every dog look twice as awesome.

As long as you have the time it takes to take care of a dog you'll be fine man, go do it.

I'm on my second year with my doggah - a rescued Pit Bull from a shelter in the city. I guess on paper it was a worst case scenario considering the breed and where she was coming from, but it has been easy. We got her young and trained her early (well, waited till she was roughly 7 months for advanced stuff). She house trained right away and was very responsive, I kept her exposed to other dogs and people (including children) constantly since I knew that having Pit Bull I had little room for error and exposure was key. She has been a great dog. My only regret is I guess getting a Pit sine there is that stigma that comes along with it, especially when I take her to dog parks. It's not uncommon for people to pack up and leave when they see a Pit Bull coming in to play. It gets worse with every family slaughtering I have to read about in the paper; I'm surprised the neighbors that read the same stuff even talk to me. But she has been nothing but a big teddy bear.

You'll love a lab man, I recommend you get one from a shelter. :heart:

I have a Italian Greyhound and he's a great dog. He's a great companion and great with mini flop. I've also fostered Greyhounds and when I get more space I will defiantly get a full size.

picture.php

They weren't even out out of known US territory at time of that journal entry. Hell they hadn't even gotten to the Mississippi river yet. It took them ~6 months to go from Pittsburgh to St Louis. The actually journey started in May of 1804 and lasted until September of 1806.

275_image001764.jpg

I think I've been green-lit on my vicious, man-eating griger. (half greyhound, half tiger) I'm pretty excited, but I'm not completely sure yet. I just know that they called both of my references yesterday and then a woman with the organization called last night and said she would have the foster parent call me so I could ask any questions I could think of and set up a visit for me to come and check out the dog.

Rawr

guru1.jpg

guru2.jpg

His current name is Guru. I haven't decided on a new name yet (Guru sucks ass), but I'm thinking Apollo might be good so I can get a girl griger too, name her Artemis, and then go out and slay hobos.

That is a freaking gorgeous dog! :eek:

I was picking Lu up from daycare last night and got to chatting with the owner, she is fostering some dogs and cats from a shelter in Indiana which closed, and rather than transfer the animals to the new shelter, they were all scheduled to be euthanized. :( So Cindy took 4 dogs and 5 cats. One of them is a cocker/beagle mix, and he's black and tan like Lu, and not too much bigger than she is, and they are bff's at daycare now!! Ryan and I might adopt him after we move into the house, because Lu needs a buddy around for when we aren't there.

I love doggie daycare, it's the greatest thing ever.

His current name is Guru. I haven't decided on a new name yet (Guru sucks ass), but I'm thinking Apollo might be good so I can get a girl griger too, name her Artemis, and then go out and slay hobos.

Dog ownership is so worth it, in my opinion. In addition to hobo slaying, when they come up to you so happy to see you its so great.

Last night my furry one, was frolicking in the grass.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy where my heart should be.