The death of PG'ers - Forum Update

How many have we lost from it and how is it redundant? If you have such poor reading comprehension that can you can't see when you register that you'll have an intro thread made and too timid to post in it at least once or twice, do you really belong here with this pack of jackels? Has fly rejected anyone? Has anyone not had their account flipped in 24 hours after proving they're not a bot?

The answer is that we have no idea how many we've lost. What if we've missed out on the occasional poster who could drop by to deliver comedy gold, but his account got deleted because he didn't talk in his newb thread in time. That guy is gone forever now, he's not going to bother to reregister again.

And again, its just a test...

The answer is that we have no idea how many we've lost. What if we've missed out on the occasional poster who could drop by to deliver comedy gold, but his account got deleted because he didn't talk in his newb thread in time. That guy is gone forever now, he's not going to bother to reregister again.

And again, its just a test...
Uh, you really think people that register and then leave immediately without forming some kind of ties to people here are going to randomly come back 6 months later and post?

Ok.

As it stands now, newbs will be able to make threads. If this indeed becomes a problem, then it will certainly be dealt with. If it just doesn't seem like its working out, then we can go back to the newb threads. No biggie.

I don't want to make Newb threads 'offtopic' because then it just gets ten pages of spam, which would seem to be even more daunting for some new person here to even attempt to read though. And why would they even want to?

It's worth a shot to maybe get more new folks in here. And more importantly, get them to stay.

great more random newbs spamming us and leaving.

As it stands now, newbs will be able to make threads. If this indeed becomes a problem, then it will certainly be dealt with. If it just doesn't seem like its working out, then we can go back to the newb threads. No biggie.

I don't want to make Newb threads 'offtopic' because then it just gets ten pages of spam, which would seem to be even more daunting for some new person here to even attempt to read though. And why would they even want to?

It's worth a shot to maybe get more new folks in here. And more importantly, get them to stay.
blah blah blah blah

It's not genmay, most people know each other here and the chance of having a non retarded person randomly sign up off the internet is small, but so is the chance of attracting them.

Youve hit equilibrium. More people too fast will cause the original members to stop posting and youll iterate generations of member like genmay, or everyone carries on like normal with gradual changes in the topology.

I just got done going through this whole internet culture thing several times playing a game and fuck I hate people. That took 3 'officers' to organize 22 other people to do things in a coordinated manner, while changing the vast majority of the roster about once a month. They have a TF2 server btw lol.

Last edited:
it's how we do things in fayettesville.

it's time for a new dawn theac, what's there to lose? a bit of moderation time?

i don't know any other forum that uses some prehistoric method of authentication unless it's a kiddy fiddlers forum

How many have we lost from it and how is it redundant? If you have such poor reading comprehension that can you can't see when you register that you'll have an intro thread made and too timid to post in it at least once or twice, do you really belong here with this pack of jackels? Has fly rejected anyone? Has anyone not had their account flipped in 24 hours after proving they're not a bot?

Dude, seriously. Chill out.

Some people may just want to lurk a bit before posting.

Last edited: