Thread The Dead Hookerz Thread

Re: The Dead Weekenderz Thread

Thank goodness for small favors.

The hospital made arrangements with a few local gas stations. I filled my tank, no lines no stress. I just showed my work ID.

*sigh of relief*

yesterday: cleaned out attic, installed new air exchanger
today: drove 3 hours to get a geocache and hit a specialty meat store
now: first 'slouch on the couch with the netbook, check forums' moment of the weekend

Most interesting way to say I ran into a deer yet!
Hah.

I almost completely forgot about this - we passed a dead deer lying on the side of the highway today, and there was a metallic helium "happy birthday" balloon tied onto it... wtf?

yesterday: cleaned out attic, installed new air exchanger
today: drove 3 hours to get a geocache and hit a specialty meat store
now: first 'slouch on the couch with the netbook, check forums' moment of the weekend
Air exchanger as is HVAC? I hate when they put that shit in the attic.

Hah.

I almost completely forgot about this - we passed a dead deer lying on the side of the highway today, and there was a metallic helium "happy birthday" balloon tied onto it... wtf?

I really needed you to get a picture of that.

Wait, you guys moved???

We are moving in 2 weeks. We are moving into Dan's father's house. He needs help fixing the place up and we could use more space. We will be renting out or condo. Dan actually own's half the house we are moving into now. He inherited it when his grandfather died (his maternal grandparents went in with his dad on the purchase of the house. Since his mom passed away, all the grandparent's assets went to Dan.) So yeah, we have already had the flooring redone. We discovered that under the nasty 40 year old ugly carpeting there were completely unfinished red oak floors so we had them finished. Now we are painting. Then we will move in.

Wait, you guys moved???

Where the hell else ya gonna put it?

Ours is in a closet in our front entry hall which sucks big fat donkey balls for a number of reasons, but most houses I've lived in have had the AC outside and the furnace in the basement. Since you guys don't have basements I guess I don't really know but the attic seems really inconvenient for pm.

Ours is in a closet in our front entry hall which sucks big fat donkey balls for a number of reasons, but most houses I've lived in have had the AC outside and the furnace in the basement. Since you guys don't have basements I guess I don't really know but the attic seems really inconvenient for pm.

Down my way, the air exchanger (with the heater built into it) is in the attic
The condenser is out behind the house

I really needed you to get a picture of that.
Wish I had one... we drove past it on the highway, saw it just as we went past it. This was on a 110km/hr highway with 10km or more between each exit, so we weren't about to turn around.

Still have no idea how that balloon made it there. Lots of theories, we figure maybe there's a local guy known for collecting roadkill and today was his birthday, so another local did something festive. Or a couple stoners had a balloon in their car, drove past the deer and thought "dude... idea!"

As for my air exchanger (HRV technically) it's in the attic/"upstairs crawlspace" because that's pretty much the only place in the house it will fit. My basement is fully concrete walls, making outdoor vents pretty much impossible unless they punch through concrete. I don't have a garage. And having it in a hallway closet or something would be a huge pain in the ass. Kinda don't mind where it is, my attic's easy to get into.