The Dating Lighthouse: Fin

theacoustician said:
Help me out here. She makes you miserable most of the time or at least that's what you'll have us believe. What's in it for you?

Conversely, what's in it for her if you do all this stuff "she doesn't approve of"?

Honestly, I like it when she's happy. And more importantly, I hate it when a woman I care about cries. I've been through too many times of comforting my mom when she's crying i guess.

And when I do stuff that she doesn't approve of, it means that I'm not paying attention to her. Come to think of it, I think she just likes WoW because she gets to spend more time with me.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when I tell her that I'm leaving Saturday to play paintball.

DirkPhoenix said:
Honestly, I like it when she's happy. And more importantly, I hate it when a woman I care about cries. I've been through too many times of comforting my mom when she's crying i guess.

And when I do stuff that she doesn't approve of, it means that I'm not paying attention to her. Come to think of it, I think she just likes WoW because she gets to spend more time with me.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when I tell her that I'm leaving Saturday to play paintball.
So, you do realize you just gave a personal account of "battered woman's syndrome", right?

When it's good it's really good and when it's bad, its because I wasn't good enough. The few times he's actually happy make up for all teh times he's miserable.

Dude, do you hear yourself??

DirkPhoenix said:
It could have been awesome...but it really wasn't.

You think, "NICE...i can kill MT the Baron and get my rocks off!"

But then you pull too much aggro when you hold down the "w" key too long when she pulls back too fast because her "jaw hurts" and then you wipe because you were too busy checking your ManSteak™ for teethmarks and you miss the adds. :(

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMFG, I can only imagine what the conversation would have sounded like in vent/teamspeak after that.

PS: we killed rag for the first time on Sunday. w00t

zengirl said:
it's a bittersweet thing. I know what it's like to spend all of your time and effort complaining about someone rather than complaining to them. If you want to have any hopes of a real marriage, you need to learn to speak, communicate, you know... that thing you do here?

I do, Pookie. I really do.

But how can you reason with someone who doesn't see reason? I've told her all the stuff that i've brought up here. Please don't think me so weak-willed as to bitch on one side of the mouth and whisper sweet nothings on the other.

We talked about communication last night...at 3am. Apparently when I say that I'm going to be up for a while, and she is okay with that, it's really not okay. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

DirkPhoenix said:
I do, Pookie. I really do.

But how can you reason with someone who doesn't see reason? I've told her all the stuff that i've brought up here. Please don't think me so weak-willed as to bitch on one side of the mouth and whisper sweet nothings on the other.

We talked about communication last night...at 3am. Apparently when I say that I'm going to be up for a while, and she is okay with that, it's really not okay. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
You shouldn't be getting engaged, you should be going to couple's counselling

zengirl said:
So, you do realize you just gave a personal account of "battered woman's syndrome", right?

When it's good it's really good and when it's bad, its because I wasn't good enough. The few times he's actually happy make up for all teh times he's miserable.

Dude, do you hear yourself??

I hear it and I understand it.

But does anyone see me as the kind of person that would stand up and verbally smack someone down? I know I am capable of it, and Fly knows that I've wanted to. I just never ball up enough to stop the drama. I'd rather sit and try to rationalize her behavior and the actions that caused it.

zengirl said:
You shouldn't be getting engaged, you should be going to couple's counselling

Sounds more like he should be going to a bar and picking up sane women.

That also like WoW.

And are ninja.

DirkPhoenix said:

But does anyone see me as the kind of person that would stand up and verbally smack someone down? I know I am capable of it, and Fly knows that I've wanted to. I just never ball up enough to stop the drama. I'd rather sit and try to rationalize her behavior and the actions that caused it.
That's a self esteem issue. You're sacrificing your own self respect so as to protect the feelings of someone who is hurting you. You're one of those nice guys I want to hug and kick upside the head all at the same time. You're never going to be able to treat her good enough, you know that? YOu know the reason why? Because you can't even treat yourself right.

DirkPhoenix said:

Why? For being such a rational person, this doesn't seem quite so . . . rational.

zengirl said:
That's a self esteem issue. You're sacrificing your own self respect so as to protect the feelings of someone who is hurting you. You're one of those nice guys I want to hug and kick upside the head all at the same time. You're never going to be able to treat her good enough, you know that? YOu know the reason why? Because you can't even treat yourself right.

Sounds like something i've told many people. Damn that's eerie.

DirkPhoenix said:
Sounds like something i've told many people. d*mn that's eerie.

You must learn to love yourself before you can love others.

So basically you just need to masturbate alot more.

DirkPhoenix said:
Sounds like something i've told many people. Damn that's eerie.
What I've discovered in my own life is that the best advice you can give others is the same advice you would give yourself. Our entire skillset and knowledge base originates solely within the parameters of our own experience... so when you give heartfelt advice to someone it's because you identify with their position, the only way that happens is through shared experience. The advice you give is the advice you wish you could take.

From my experience marriage never fixes a problem. Well, unless it's deportation and then it just causes new and more annoying problems.

Using marriage to fix a problem is like using tnt to open a stuck door. And for the future having a baby to fix a marriage is like using a nuclear bomb on the moon to open a stuck door in New Zealand.

DirkPhoenix said:
A desire to win? To be right? For her to realize that she's acting like a 15-year old?
yes, exactly! That's exactly what you're waiting around for. For all of the misery and pain of the past years to finally be VALIDATED. You see something in this person that maybe she's not ready to be, so all you get are fleeting glimpses here and there, meanwhile you stick it out in the hopes that someday she'll change for you, and it'll be worth it.

Congratulations, you've become one of those chicks who falls in love with the asshole and then wonders why he's an asshole to you.

DirkPhoenix said:
Beating a dead horse never is.

I'm not sure what it is that keeps me trying. A desire to win? To be right? For her to realize that she's acting like a 15-year old?

And they took out /spit in 1.9.1

Guess i'll have to /flirt with corpses now.

WHAT!?!?!?!

fuck you blizzard.

/spit - 11/23/2004 - 1/10/2006 NEVER FORGET!