The Coolest Device Ever?!?

finally bring tablet pc's to the market? haven't they been on the market for a couple years?

i thought it was more than a decade, but i must have been wrong, i mean i thought there were mp3 players before the ipod too, but a courteous apple fan explained i was quite wrong

finally bring tablet pc's to the market? haven't they been on the market for a couple years?

Did you even read my post? :p

I should have said 'mainstream', since I did note that they have been around for a while, and in use in niche areas, but haven't really come out and been hard core yet.

windows tablet pc's came out in 2002 or so. I went to an MS launch party. it sucked. tablets suck

I completely agree, to a point. The concept of a tablet does not suck. The execution, up to now, has.

Do you think an Apple spin on it though might turn it around?

windows tablet pc's came out in 2002 or so. I went to an MS launch party. it sucked. tablets suck

They were out earlier than that. A company I worked for in high school in '94 or so helped deploy a bunch of Compaq tablets running some hospital type software for the doc's to take around with them. Compaq dumped the model shortly afterward to say nothing of the fact that wi-fi wasn't even around yet.

They ran some sort of Windows.

They were out earlier than that. A company I worked for in high school in '94 or so helped deploy a bunch of Compaq tablets running some hospital type software for the doc's to take around with them. Compaq dumped the model shortly afterward to say nothing of the fact that wi-fi wasn't even around yet.

They ran some sort of Windows.

newtons were around even earlier than that. they sucked hard as well

newtons were around even earlier than that. they sucked hard as well

simpsons_newton.jpeg

Everyone else is making computers more affordable, smaller, and more powerful, but Apple refuses to be constrained by the market.

Bravo.

I completely agree, to a point. The concept of a tablet does not suck. The execution, up to now, has.

Do you think an Apple spin on it though might turn it around?
no, they will still suck, but legion apple fans will think they're awesome and will buy them.

though i will say that apple has a lot of experience pushing the onscreen keyboard thing on all those poor iphone users, so they won't need to do the pivot screen thing that most existing tablets had to do to hide a real keyboard underneath.