The Coolest Device Ever?!?

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,362
While it hasn't been confirmed, the rumors over the past 3 years are finally spinning up enough to say that this thing might be a reality.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/16/technology/apple_tablet/index.htm?cnn=yes

An Apple Tablet. Would this be the thing to finally bring Tablet PC's onto the market? I've long been waiting for it to happen since the first real functional tablets started showing up in use in Real estate about 3 -4 years ago. They were expensive, about 2500 bucks, but their potential, especially in a document heavy business like real estate, was there.

Unfortunately, most realtors are technological morons. You could give them a flux capacitor and they still wouldn't see how using it could make them money.

But Apple is good at making things easy for technotards. Which fuels common man gadget revolutions.

A tablet PC w/WiFi (although, this is apple, having it released without WiFi would be such a Job's style move), Bluetooth, and a cellular connection, would be hot. Seriously Hot. I would go out and buy me a iTablet myself if it had all that shit.

If they can do it, and make it as a full sized, all in one, everything device, I'd go all in.

And will probably buy Apple Stock now.

Apple's lips are sealed about its widely rumored tablet computer, but technology experts are giddy about the device, already exclaiming it will be the gadget to end all gadgets.

Executives at Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) never discuss products that are in the works, so there's no confirmation that the thing even exists. But rumors are circulating that Steve Jobs and Co. have designed a magazine-sized, touch-screen, hand-held, all-in-one device that is half-iPhone, half-Macintosh computer.

It's supposedly going to make its debut in the next few months, and you can have it for the low, low price of $600. Or $800. Maybe $1,000. No one's really sure.

If the rumors are true, the tablet will be able to do basically everything a gadget could possibly do. It's an e-reader, a gaming device, and a music player. You can watch TV and movies on it and surf the Internet (or so we've heard). And it will have thousands of third-party apps available for it ... or maybe it will run Mac OS X. That's all still unknown.

I can totally see myself using a tablet in many situations where a keyboard just isn't really a major need.

Home on the couch, in front of the tube, surfing.

In the car, hitting up google maps, or directions/reviews for a restaurant.

In a furniture store, price and style comparing online with other stores.

Just a few examples. I can think of tons others. Imagine not needing a phone, and havings a bluetooth headset working off the cell function of a wifi enablet tablet, communicating while internetting.

It's got potential. Although I'm sure my fantasy land visions will be wasted on a reality of 3g interrupting data flow, shitty video, and hard wired 50g hard drives that are slower than a 1.44 floppy.