The Caviar thread

Do you really think that's a block of Brie she's bringing to your salacious hotel love nest?

sincitybar5.gif

the sheets aren't red for the decor

not sure where this thread drifted to... but for the benefit of those who haven't had caviar, i'd describe it (in this case, salmon caviar, which can be quite big) as biting into a very thin gelcap filled with concentrated salmon flavor. too much is simply too strong, so it's best in small doses, like flavor crystals.

the last time i was in russia i picked up four tins of nice caviar to bring back for gifts and personal consumption. since i wasn't leaving right away i stored them in the mini-fridge in my hotel room. (they're tinned, but you still have to refrigerate them)

yeah, totally left them in the fridge when I left. i think it was $50 worth of caviar. nice tip for housekeeping.

I had caviar in Russia once. They put tons of butter on a piece of bread and spread the caviar on top. It was nasty, I will never eat it again.

It's the texture that I find hard to handle for most types of seafood, but I love a good hunk of red meat. The less cooked the better... if cooked at all.

how about a good swordfish steak? I only really like the meatier fishes myself...the flaky stuff can go to hell

I've had caviar a number of times but I neither hate it or like it...ambivalent

how about a good swordfish steak? I only really like the meatier fishes myself...the flaky stuff can go to hell

I've had caviar a number of times but I neither hate it or like it...ambivalent

I love grilling a nice swordfish or shark steak. Fawkin awesome.

I don't understand caviar. Before now I had never heard anyone say they actually like it. I always just thought it was something rich people ate to impress other rich people. I think it's disgusting personally, but I am a terribly picky eater, so really I'm not a good judge.

I always try new things at least twice. I've noticed that for some reason I usually don't like it the first time around.

It was so bad I could never convince myself to try it again. Also, I don't really have that problem, if I'm going to like something I'll usually like it right away.