Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

I was thinking of just angle iron to hit it. We can use whatever we want other than stored energy.
Ok. gave this project a good think, here's what I'm thinking.

First of all, figure out much electricity you've got available. The 20W panel you've got is probably not gonna put that out under halogen light... I'm guessing you'll get 3-5W, but that's a guess. Can you get at the halogen light source, rig up the panel and measure the output? Use a DMM, measure the open circuit voltage and short circuit current (and let me know what you get).

Then set a bench power supply to the current/voltage that you mention, and start trying to drive different motors with it and see what happens. Coming up a good way to turn a spinning motor into a golf ball being hit is your domain, not mine :)

If you need to control the speed of the motor for whatever reason, put a sheet of cardboard in front of the panel.

Ok, so what are the big spots for cheap-ish power tools? Big Sky Tools is one of 'em, right?

I'm finally at the point where I need to replace and expand my tools. I used to want Milwaukee shit, but I honestly don't really care anymore as long as it won't immediately shit the bed. Due to a lot of reviews by actual working people, I've even been intrigued by the Bauer line that Harbor Freight sells.

Ok. gave this project a good think, here's what I'm thinking.

First of all, figure out much electricity you've got available. The 20W panel you've got is probably not gonna put that out under halogen light... I'm guessing you'll get 3-5W, but that's a guess. Can you get at the halogen light source, rig up the panel and measure the output? Use a DMM, measure the open circuit voltage and short circuit current (and let me know what you get).

Then set a bench power supply to the current/voltage that you mention, and start trying to drive different motors with it and see what happens. Coming up a good way to turn a spinning motor into a golf ball being hit is your domain, not mine :)

If you need to control the speed of the motor for whatever reason, put a sheet of cardboard in front of the panel.
BTW - We ended up putting a hammer on an axle, then attaching a velcro strip to the hammer. Motor wound up string and then pulled the velcro off the hammer. We were the first group to knock the golf ball into the hole in the first shot.

Ok, so what are the big spots for cheap-ish power tools? Big Sky Tools is one of 'em, right?

I'm finally at the point where I need to replace and expand my tools. I used to want Milwaukee shit, but I honestly don't really care anymore as long as it won't immediately shit the bed. Due to a lot of reviews by actual working people, I've even been intrigued by the Bauer line that Harbor Freight sells.
bigsky for hitachi/metabo (which are one and the same now)

for other brands

To be honest, the harbor freight stuff is probably fine, but its actually more expensive than refurb stuff sometimes

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I went and took a look at the HF stuff today. Build quality looks good and everything feels good, doesn't feel cheap or plasticky like some of their other lower tier stuff. I did notice after taking a close look that they sell everything separately though. Battery is separate from charger is separate from tool. How they get you.

I went and took a look at the HF stuff today. Build quality looks good and everything feels good, doesn't feel cheap or plasticky like some of their other lower tier stuff. I did notice after taking a close look that they sell everything separately though. Battery is separate from charger is separate from tool. How they get you.
Battery chemistry was always the downfall on their old stuff, but lithium ion is so mature now even they get it right.

Thats one of the things i like about bigsky @Mr. Asa . Pretty much anything you get comes with two batteries, i think i have 7 or 8 total now and never have had to stop a job to charge. Not that it would make a big difference, even with oldass batteries, dead to charged is about 15-20 mins

I've yet to wear any of my HF gear out yet. Once I do, I'll replace it with quality gear, since that means I used it. My HF circular saw is 10+ years old, and still works great (LED broke loose, but who the fuck cares about that?). Also, I just bought a high torque, low speed Bauer drill from them for mixing concrete. It's a fucking beast, and awesome.

I maed a simple bench, with plenty of room to put your beer.

TsuQ2v0.png