Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

Seriously though, at risk of man-whining, it sucks not having time and or energy for shit. On top of things not getting done, i have stupid trust issues about hiring people to do stuff, cause im particular and have too high standards for how i want stuff done.

Just got to pick and choose your battles.

Or do nothing and let the house crumble around you.

Just got to pick and choose your battles.

Or do nothing and let the house crumble around you.

you know, you guys are close enough that anybody that worked on your place and were happy with would probably do my place as well. You have any good experiences with contractors?

you know, you guys are close enough that anybody that worked on your place and were happy with would probably do my place as well. You have any good experiences with contractors?

We've have some B+ experiences.

Except for the roof and windows which were A's. . But we both know how the roof worked out for you.

We've done paint, HVAC, hardwood floor refinishing, chimney, plumbing, electrical, windows, front door.

Next up is solar, and getting the front walkway fixed.

You need any of that shit done?

We've have some B+ experiences.

Except for the roof and windows which were A's. . But we both know how the roof worked out for you.

We've done paint, HVAC, hardwood floor refinishing, chimney, plumbing, electrical, windows, front door.

Next up is solar, and getting the front walkway fixed.

You need any of that shit done?

paint dudes also drywall dudes?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
shoulda finished the house before them.
Then you'd never have got around to kids. Gets better as they are slightly more self-sufficient. You know, around 25-30 :p

I was a single dad when I was 29 and would take my sons (5 & 8?) with me to this remodeling job on a small commercial building I was able to chip out slowly. Came close to duct taping them to a beam. Good times.

Seriously though, at risk of man-whining, it sucks not having time and or energy for shit. On top of things not getting done, i have stupid trust issues about hiring people to do stuff, cause im particular and have too high standards for how i want stuff done.
Time + lack of getting stuff done = will wear away your standards. Then you'll start hiring.

source: I've already crossed that barrier. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Remember, the perfect is the enemy of the good.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Amstel
paint dudes also drywall dudes?
Painters are sometimes the Best drywallers, at least as far as finish. Think about it - who suffers the most from a shit dw finish? Paint guy schooled me after I had been slathering on the mud and sanding like mad. Virtually sandless after that. First 2 coats should require no sanding. None.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
So my friend who runs a local tech shop just got himself a wood cutting CNC. He's planning on using it for making signs and stuff, and he wants to do an inagural "kickass project" on it.

I've got a big 13x19"x1.5" edge grain cutting board that someone gave me, a sink cutout from a hardwood countertop - not sure exactly what wood it is. It's too damn big and heavy for serving food, and I prefer cutting on plastic cutting boards... so I think we're gonna turn it into a guitar body.

He'll probably want to make something elaborate/badass that shows off the CNC, I'm more inclined to do something more conservative like a Tele copy with a comfort contour added or something.

hmm.

Unless he has a lot of experience with the program already, I'd recommend you cut it out of foam first to make sure you aren't missing something stupid. The last one of the wood routers I messed with had a good learning curve with it.

Could do a nice engraving of something below the bridge, or above the pickups. Right by either of the strap mounts? Would give the simple you want, with the complex he does?