Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

Hmm... Seems like the wood shop teacher who had been teaching for decades was doing it wrong. Perhaps we were kids and wouldn't appreciate a real chisel anyway and he didn't care, or he was just terrible at tool maintenance.
Don't use a grinder on chisels if you can help it. If you must, it has to be a 1750 rpm grinder

Hmm... Seems like the wood shop teacher who had been teaching for decades was doing it wrong. Perhaps we were kids and wouldn't appreciate a real chisel anyway and he didn't care, or he was just terrible at tool maintenance.
Would you sharpen a razor for your face on a bench grinder?

Because a chisel should be at least that sharp.

So we have 2 200gallon or so compressors in the shed behind our building, one is plumbed and running.
The boss came to me and wants me to get the other one running
No big deal , but my question is, would it benefit us to have them running in tandem, like both just plumbed to the same pipe going into the building? We would just have more "volume" right?
If not, Im just gonna get it "ready" to plug in, in case the one were using now craps out.

So we have 2 200gallon or so compressors in the shed behind our building, one is plumbed and running.
No big deal , but my question is, would it benefit us to have them running in tandem, like both just plumbed to the same pipe going into the building? We would just have more "volume" right?
If not, Im just gonna get it "ready" to plug in, in case the one were using now craps out.
I wouldn't bother running them in tandem if you're not near capacity for the other one. You do that and you're just gonna short-cycle one or both of 'em to death.

But yeah, I'd probably try and change the oil/check the compression of the other one to see if it's up to scratch to be a hot spare.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I wouldn't bother running them in tandem if you're not near capacity for the other one. You do that and you're just gonna short-cycle one or both of 'em to death.

But yeah, I'd probably try and change the oil/check the compression of the other one to see if it's up to scratch to be a hot spare.

Thats a good point
Maybe Ill plumb them together and just kick on the second one on on the rare occasions when we approach capacity. Its happened once or twice which is why he asked me about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Thats a good point
Maybe Ill plumb them together and just kick on the second one on on the rare occasions when we approach capacity. Its happened once or twice which is why he asked me about it.
If you can control the hysteresis parameters (dunno how smart your compressor shed is), you might be able to fudge them into working by kicking the second one on only when the pressure gets really low. Like if the first one is set to 200 PSI with a hysteresis of 15 PSI, set the second one to 200 PSI with a hysteresis of 40 PSI or something ridiculous.

That way, first one comes on at 185 PSI, but the second one won't kick over until 160.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
I dont think theyre that capable
Basic set & forget type
But I could set one to 100psi and the other to 80psi or something
We only really have an issue if "every" work area is using air at the same time, which isnt very often, and some of the equipment wont operate with air over 80-100 psi (rtv metering station)
But if I set one to a "high" and the other to an acceptable "low" it may work and get people to quit asking me about it.

There any sort of recommended duty cycle for them, and are you near it?
If so, set them up so they alternate. If not just prep it for work.

Basic set & forget type
We only really have an issue if "every" work area is using air at the same time, which isnt very often, and some of the equipment wont operate with air over 80-100 psi (rtv metering station)
But if I set one to a "high" and the other to an acceptable "low" it may work and get people to quit asking me about it.
I think you run the risk of short cycling the low-pressure compressor in that setup.

Basic set & forget type
Just put an inline regulator in front of the RTV station.

We push air around this place at 150 PSI, regulating down to 60/100/whatever at the point of load. We're using epoxy injection machines and stuff that require stable air pressure though.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and Jehannum

We push air around this place at 150 PSI, regulating down to 60/100/whatever at the point of load. We're using epoxy injection machines and stuff that require stable air pressure though.
This is there right way to do things.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

yeah all that shits not mine to change, so I think Im just gonna set up compressor #2 to be on stand by if its needed

Try a cut piece of mdf in a circle on your mounted grinders instead of stone , apply a shit tonne of rouge to the mdf and you got yourself a fine sharpener at no cost .

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes