Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

See now this one was funny without being demeaning. Make more jokes like this and less like most the other creepy stuff you post.
I appreciate that. Sorry about that other one - it was not intended to be demeaning on my part. You seem like a nice person and still it happened. mea culpa,

and ur moms
shocked surprise GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Mean Mr. Mustard
Had to drill a .8mm stainless steel screw out of a watch case(band screw, lovely) without wasting the threads yesterday. 'Probably $600+ item when done, I paid $140 and did a little internal work, all good.
.6mm carbide end drill - 2/$26 plus shipping. Wipes forehead - did it, carbide either drilled through or spun the last broken piece out. *I was drilling from the other end of a through-hole. Glad I ordered those drills. har-har-har!

did you do that by hand, or with a mill or really precise drill press?

for something that ridiculously small id be inclined to hand drill it in a jig, one turn of the bit at at time

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
did you do that by hand, or with a mill or really precise drill press?

for something that ridiculously small id be inclined to hand drill it in a jig, one turn of the bit at at time
Small toolmaker's vise holding a standard wood watch case block(split block cut with different size holes on two sides, basically a wood vise), all on the floor stand drill press with a Dremel holder chucked in. Using a dial indicator and magnetic stand I fucked around at getting my travel as close to dead-nuts straight with the lug opening - just praying the hole was actually square/straight with it, no good way to get in the hole at that position. And that little fucking hole is slightly counter sunk for the screw head(2.5mm). I might not have described the bit right - smooth carbide body, end face was cut like a little 10-12 petal flower. Or the face of a sea lamprey. Fucking amazing little things. *I went with high speed(Dremel), but very slow approuch/attack on the screw.
Jeh mentioned not having a part to finish a job - that's my life. I saw this watch on ebay for $140 - rare piece, some actual history to it's development for a true collector, absolutely stunning condition, have never seen one like it. Glitches - no glass and it's a friggina trapezoid with radius' at the corners. I can grind one on my surface grinder(I WAS acam grinder) but HEY! I HAD that glass from another, carefully stored away, why fuck around for 1-3 hours, depending. It also had a burned out backlight(this is a very early LCD) so I had to solder in a new "bulb", which is almost as small as that pin/screw I had to get out. I figure I'll put it up for auction starting at $600 with an $800 BIN.

I think it's a fugly-ass item - but I didn't buy it for me. :lol: *You can see the end of the broken screw at lower right, where the seller pushed it in so it wouldn't look totally wonky. I'll confess - I didn't notice that and he didn't tell. I was technically "screwed" - he probably would have claimed no knowledge and I'd end up having to keep anyway.
elgin.jpg
pic from original auction.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Domon
TMI :) - the little diamonds for the colons. That's where the real money is. A true collector immediatly knows that is Optel brand, movement company formed by Louis Zanoni, the guy who is either the creator or co-creator of the modern LCD and it's predecessor, DSM(negative characters, white on black).
On a good day I could sell the movement for $500. That freakin rare. I bet I held that piece of glass I had for over 10 years. Wrapped in a vinyl cling - no point saving hubcaps if you don;t take care of them. heh!

Last edited:
Small toolmaker's vise holding a standard wood watch case block(split block cut with different size holes on two sides, basically a wood vise), all on the floor stand drill press with a Dremel holder chucked in. Using a dial indicator and magnetic stand I fucked around at getting my travel as close to dead-nuts straight with the lug opening - just praying the hole was actually square/straight with it, no good way to get in the hole at that position. And that little fucking hole is slightly counter sunk for the screw head(2.5mm). I might not have described the bit right - smooth carbide body, end face was cut like a little 10-12 petal flower. Or the face of a sea lamprey. Fucking amazing little things. *I went with high speed(Dremel), but very slow approuch/attack on the screw.
Jeh mentioned not having a part to finish a job - that's my life. I saw this watch on ebay for $140 - rare piece, some actual history to it's development for a true collector, absolutely stunning condition, have never seen one like it. Glitches - no glass and it's a friggina trapezoid with radius' at the corners. I can grind one on my surface grinder(I WAS acam grinder) but HEY! I HAD that glass from another, carefully stored away, why fuck around for 1-3 hours, depending. It also had a burned out backlight(this is a very early LCD) so I had to solder in a new "bulb", which is almost as small as that pin/screw I had to get out. I figure I'll put it up for auction starting at $600 with an $800 BIN.

I think it's a fugly-ass item - but I didn't buy it for me. :lol: *You can see the end of the broken screw at lower right, where the seller pushed it in so it wouldn't look totally wonky. I'll confess - I didn't notice that and he didn't tell. I was technically "screwed" - he probably would have claimed no knowledge and I'd end up having to keep anyway.
View attachment 14215
pic from original auction.
yeah, i know that type of bit you're talking about. not sure what theyre called.

Thats an nice drill to not have runout that would have ruined your precision. Mine definitely couldnt do that.

• Gravy
yeah, i know that type of bit you're talking about. not sure what theyre called.

Thats an nice drill to not have runout that would have ruined your precision. Mine definitely couldnt do that.
I had the same fear so I opted for that bit - I'll have to get one out. Very cool, like a micro-end mill, with no side flutes whatsoever. So I was able to get partly into the threaded area, maybe 1-2mm, before I started spinning. I pre-lubed, for it's pleasure, and mine.
Threw a drop of epoxy in that end when assembling, just in case. Just 5 minute pox - much easier to dis-assemble after a little heat than say, 24.

I have a misogynistic-man crush on my oldest daughter's BF. OMG - he warms my f'n heart with the MM things he builds and does. Guy buys a diesel fracking truck(the mobile office with all the computer gear and shit), strips it with her, tears down the motor completely, put together and they are rolling. Few days ago he built a big farm cart from an old pickup truck frame he's welded a steerable front hitch to(curious about that), then decked out with salvaged pallet wood. She MET him while he was sitting there selling pumpkins last year on a vacant lot. But he also is half owner of a huge bike shop - sometimes he doesn't feel like looking at bikes. :lol: Dude gets up in the wee hours of the morning to go to farm auctions. Super odd? We have the same b-day. Bonus: he's actually helpful.

Such a contrast to her FIRST live-in, who showed up with his dad for the move, with no tools, no dolley, nothing(yes, I brought all of that and more). His dad asked me "well who's going to pay for any damage?" when I proposed I take the hammer and phillips and tap out the hinge pins. So we could remove the door, to get the last furniture in. :) smh.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly and Strings
I have a misogynistic-man crush on my oldest daughter's BF. OMG - he warms my f'n heart with the MM things he builds and does. Guy buys a diesel fracking truck(the mobile office with all the computer gear and shit), strips it with her, tears down the motor completely, put together and they are rolling. Few days ago he built a big farm cart from an old pickup truck frame he's welded a steerable front hitch to(curious about that), then decked out with salvaged pallet wood. She MET him while he was sitting there selling pumpkins last year on a vacant lot. But he also is half owner of a huge bike shop - sometimes he doesn't feel like looking at bikes. :lol: Dude gets up in the wee hours of the morning to go to farm auctions. Super odd? We have the same b-day. Bonus: he's actually helpful.

Such a contrast to her FIRST live-in, who showed up with his dad for the move, with no tools, no dolley, nothing(yes, I brought all of that and more). His dad asked me "well who's going to pay for any damage?" when I proposed I take the hammer and phillips and tap out the hinge pins. So we could remove the door, to get the last furniture in. :) smh.

Hey @fly Can we get half gravies?
Though I didn't read Eddie's post, it did have two entire paragraphs! (1 gravy) But! It was edited (-1/2 gravy)

• Haha
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
Now wait a second, you used a phillips screwdriver to pound out the hinge pins in a door?

You didn't have a punch?

Fuckin' filthy casual.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
Now wait a second, you used a phillips screwdriver to pound out the hinge pins in a door?

You didn't have a punch?

Fuckin' filthy casual.
You know, I thought about that later and I probably was presented with those ancient hinges with the big knob pin (building pre-dated Ms.O'Leary and the Chicago Fire) and I grabbed with some pliers and gave the pliers a wack. The Phillips was at my other daughter's a few months ago :) Hey - it's not like I used a framing nail. :p

You know, I thought about that later and I probably was presented with those ancient hinges with the big knob pin (building pre-dated Ms.O'Leary and the Chicago Fire) and I grabbed with some pliers and gave the pliers a wack. The Phillips was at my other daughter's a few months ago :) Hey - it's not like I used a framing nail. :p
I can see where you'd be inexperienced handling a big knob.

• Haha