Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

I have figured cherry with BLO to pop the chattoyance and two coats of garnet shellac. I dont need any help from a pill.

Tried it on a panel of my car, mixing paint systems (primer from one system and base/clear from another). Fucked me right in the goatass.

BLO can be a bitch to cure if you arent patient. Its a fantastic finish, but you have to hav ea lot of patience.

if i had a hardwood store on my way home from work peanut would probably divorce me.
Hardwood store is about 2 minutes from my day job. The missus is lucky I don't have much in the way of woodworking tools, only friends with workshops that I feel like I'm imposing on when I use their gear.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Im thinking about going and getting one of these this weekend

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-speed-bench-top-wood-lathe-65345.html

Everything Ive read/viewed about it makes it look like a solid piece of equipment

What else do I need besides a chisel set would I need to begin my wooden dildo fabrication empire?
Some pepper grinder mechanisms - lets you make dildos that you can hide in plain sight in the kitchen.

"hey, why's this pepper grinder so sticky?"
"oh, that's because, uh, we keep it next to the stove"

Everything Ive read/viewed about it makes it look like a solid piece of equipment

What else do I need besides a chisel set would I need to begin my wooden dildo fabrication empire?
4-jaw chuck for bowls? What do you want to turn?

A lot of beginner tutorials seem to recommend chisel sets with removable/replaceable carbide inserts until the turner gets a feel for what kind of chisel shapes they may want. Carbide also has less of a learning curve, apparently.

Have you considered trolling craigslist or visiting a used tool store to check out some used JET or maybe find an old Craftsman lathe for the same money?

I've seen those HF ones in person, and at least the ones I saw had dry gearboxes with plastic gears, which didn't give me great hopes for longevity.

edit: I see they've gone to a belt drive with graduated pulleys since then. That seems like a better plan, as long as their chinesium bearings are up to the task..

4-jaw chuck for bowls? What do you want to turn?

A lot of beginner tutorials seem to recommend chisel sets with removable/replaceable carbide inserts until the turner gets a feel for what kind of chisel shapes they may want. Carbide also has less of a learning curve, apparently.
this is valid advice.

If you dont go with carbide inserts, get yourself a sharpening station too and some nice stones.

Art Dept peeps have a project involving making hoops out of metal for a frame.

Jigs for the sizes they want for their setup are up to $200 a piece.

After brainstorming, we have this, wooden jigs. First one was cut on the CNC router, after that we moved to a simpler version that allowed us to bolt the jig to a hand router and then slide the jig through by hand in order to cut the channel.

Works pretty decently, provided you dont twist the torque arm that is doing the bending.

sdx2m1s.jpg