Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

Depends what your use case is. The pure amount of things that Ryobi 18v can power is a big draw. For professional use I'd still go Hitachi/metabo.

Milwaukee is also quite good

These days I'd consider something with more than 18v though to. DeWalt flex volt fits that bill and I think there's a 36v Hitachi line too

Hey, if you kids had to start over with your battery based tool sets, which would you buy? I have DeWalt 20v, but one of the batteries is dying. I'd like to start buying some additional tools, but at that point I'm totally locked in. Should I stick with DeWalt?
I'm not unhappy with my Hitachi/Metabo stuff, but @Domon is right, there's a lot of shit out there for Ryobi that's only available otherwise from Kobalt or ShockYourNutz or whatever.

You could do worse than DeWalt, but you're paying a lot for the name.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I was wondering about Ryobi specifically, but couldn't remember the brand name. hmmm
It's the mundane non tool stuff that I actually use most often. Big led spot light, soldering iron, shop vac, tire inflator, portable fan.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I'm not unhappy with my Hitachi/Metabo stuff, but @Domon is right, there's a lot of shit out there for Ryobi that's only available otherwise from Kobalt or ShockYourNutz or whatever.

You could do worse than DeWalt, but you're paying a lot for the name.
Yeah, and I really don't care about the name. I mean, unless the Ryobi stuff is just going to fall apart in a couple of years. I'm a weekend warrior at best, so I doubt that's the case.

Yeah, and I really don't care about the name. I mean, unless the Ryobi stuff is just going to fall apart in a couple of years. I'm a weekend warrior at best, so I doubt that's the case.
I really love my Metabo/Hitachi DS18DSAL drills. I've used DeWalt, Craftsman, and Black and Decker, and the Hitachi is the lightest, most powerful battery drill I've ever used. Bought them like 12 years ago, and they've shrugged off all my abuse.

So I guess I probably would keep those.

If I were going to switch to something specific that precluded that, craftsman seems like it has most of the same shit as Ryobi. (and I have a c'man inflator, since it takes a battery, or AC, or 12VDC).

I really love my Metabo/Hitachi DS18DSAL drills. I've used DeWalt, Craftsman, and Black and Decker, and the Hitachi is the lightest, most powerful battery drill I've ever used. Bought them like 12 years ago, and they've shrugged off all my abuse.

So I guess I probably would keep those.

If I were going to switch to something specific that precluded that, craftsman seems like it has most of the same shit as Ryobi. (and I have a c'man inflator, since it takes a battery, or AC, or 12VDC).
There's a YouTube channel where the guy tests tools and stuff to death https://youtube.com/@ProjectFarm?si=kctmL8d5mEigEmpV

It's not your typical tool reviews, he actually tests most testable stuff.

DeWalt has done me well for certain tools (one of the few quality corded skilsaws). Rest of my stuff is made in Japan Makita/Hitachi. Batteries for DeWalt are always on sale somewhere too, I wouldn't even want to know what a metabo battery costs.

Ive had bad luck with Ryobi but I was using it 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

Also if you're mostly where there is power corded tools are way cheaper. Just get a nice extension cord or make your own.

Last edited: