FYI The best troll I've heard in a while V.Rhino Horn

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,249
Steam
asastang
Several rhino species are on the brink of extinction, thanks to poachers looking to make a buck on beliefs that the horns have healing powers. These wild creatures are killed for their horns while their bodies are left to waste.
Best of luck to them, but even if it's chemically identical I'm sure people won't believe it's effective like 'natural' rhino horn - it'll be some GMO bullshit from a corporation, nobody wants that. And collapsing the price means that hunters will have to kill many more of them to survive - it's not like your average rhino hunter can just go down to the unemployment office.

Educating people that rhino horn has absolutely no medical benefit whatsoever is probably more effective. And by effective, probably not effective at all. Humans suck.

Best of luck to them, but even if it's chemically identical I'm sure people won't believe it's effective like 'natural' rhino horn - it'll be some GMO bullshit from a corporation, nobody wants that. And collapsing the price means that hunters will have to kill many more of them to survive - it's not like your average rhino hunter can just go down to the unemployment office.

Educating people that rhino horn has absolutely no medical benefit whatsoever is probably more effective. And by effective, probably not effective at all. Humans suck.
I don't think they aim to tell them that it's fake. Were it me, I'd find a way to pass it out amongst the black market without telling anyone. Then once I had gotten a lot out I'd start circulating stories that half of it was fake.

The point is that they are indistinguishable from real rhino horn. So suddenly instead of 1,000 on the market, there are 100,000.

oh... i was seeing more like helping the endangered animals... but ok.
It IS helping the animals. It's going to make rhino horns worthless.

Rhino horns are currently expensive, cause they're rare. This company is hoping to flood the market with 'fake' rhino horns that are indistinguishable from the real ones. Once the price drops to pennies, it will no longer be worth while to hunt rhinos.