Ontopic The Best Companies to Work For

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
Fortune released this years list of best companies to work for. Mine made the top 10 for the 4th year in a row. We were number 1 in 2009. So what do you think makes a good company to work for?

1. Google
2. Boston Consulting Group
3. SAS Institute
4. Wegmans Food Markets
5. Edward Jones
6. NetApp
7. Camden Property Trust
8. REI
9. CHG Healthcare Services
10. Quicken Loans

The Best Places to Work lists are complete bullshit. The firm I work for made the list 2 or 3 times in the past 7 years and it's still a festering shithole.

I'd have thought PIXAR would be up there, they're awesome to their employees. Their offices are like toy story cowboy ranch houses ffs!!

Also I've always loved Egg (who do the Egg credit card, at least I remember it being Egg) who instead of having x number of sick days they give you reduced sick days but 5 'duvet days' per year where you just call in the morning and say 'sry, hungover, see ya tomorrow'. Must make it a lot more honest place to work, and I bet their illness rates are lower because people calling in sick falsely probably do it for more than just 1 day to try and make it look legit.

I don't know about the rest of TW but turner has very high employee retention. my manager has been there like 23 years, my coworker something like 14 and I've been there 11. this is not unusual either. I have a number of great friends at the company who've been there the entire time I have and then some. they pay very well, give shit tons of vacation, have pretty much unmatched benefits, etc.

Also my work sucks (NHS). The only perk is the occasional present from a patient and the fact I can bump my family up the waiting lists. Aside from that it's pretty shit.
Sucking is living in constant fear of your boss while knowing that you can and will be fired at any time for absolutely no reason other than someone feels like it.

Sucking is living in constant fear of your boss while knowing that you can and will be fired at any time for absolutely no reason other than someone feels like it.

Yeah, but in that situation it's your fault for putting up with that shit. If my boss was like that I'd fuck him off intentionally until he did fire me. And then I'd sue him.

Or just find another job.

Fuck that noise.

Yeah, but in that situation it's your fault for putting up with that shit. If my boss was like that I'd fuck him off intentionally until he did fire me. And then I'd sue him.

Or just find another job.

Fuck that noise.
Sue for what? Hurt feelings? Future employers will lurve to hear that story.

Just saying there is a vast depth to "this shit sucks", beyond mild office annoyances.