The Art Thread

Just the plump nudes? I like the scenes in a lot of Baroque stuff...

BarocciAeneas.jpg

[imghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/Rembrandt_Abduction_of_Europa.jpg[/img]

I enjoy classic art regardless but for titian & rubens, plump nudes are definitely the first aspects of their work that come to mind

Dali has always been my favorite artist and I am lucky enough to live 30 minutes from a huge exhibit. I was also lucky enough to go to his museum in Hawaii. Here is my all time favorite which they have in the one in St. Pete, its actually a very small painting called Dream...

DaliDream.jpg

My favorite fantasy artist is Boris Vallejo, I have this painting in a 24k gold (plated, hehe) pocket watch. It was a gift from my mother a very long time ago for cleaning up my act when I fell into a bad streak. The watch has a dragon grasping a ruby on the outside with this painting on the inside...

boris_vallejo_1996_mistress_of_fire.jpg

Dali has always been my favorite artist and I am lucky enough to live 30 minutes from a huge exhibit. I was also lucky enough to go to his museum in Hawaii. Here is my all time favorite which they have in the one in St. Pete, its actually a very small painting called Dream...

DaliDream.jpg

I meant to get to his museum in Spain when I was there a few years ago but didn't end up making it unfortunately

I meant to get to his museum in Spain when I was there a few years ago but didn't end up making it unfortunately

That would have been amazing, like I said I am lucky to live so close to one that I can go anytime. Speaking of which if you ever make it down to Tampa again that can be a destination :cool:

That would have been amazing, like I said I am lucky to live so close to one that I can go anytime. Speaking of which if you ever make it down to Tampa again that can be a destination :cool:

my parents have been bugging me to come visit for a while...I'll prolly swing through in the next month on my way down

My favorite artist is my roomate.

i'm at work otherwise i'd post some pictures, but you can check it out on his myspace

Search for patrick toups

awesome schtuff..