Ontopic The 3D printing thread

I'm not really printing anything crazy yet, but it would be nice to have it in place so that I could if I wanted to...
Then order the dyze from matterhackers and wait. They'll restock soon. In the meantime, you can get 20 cheapo brass nozzles off amazon for $10, you'll just have to pay attention to when they wear out. I'll bet you won't go through 100 brass nozzles before matterhackers restocks.

I was hoping that was the case. Any ideas on how to actually do that?
Download the source files and see what they look like. Maybe it's Fusion 360 with a bunch of defined parameters, maybe it's OpenSCAD, I can't tell just looking at the site.

I'd try, but I couldn't be arsed to create an account on whatever the heck thangs.com is

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Download the source files and see what they look like. Maybe it's Fusion 360 with a bunch of defined parameters, maybe it's OpenSCAD, I can't tell just looking at the site.

I'd try, but I couldn't be arsed to create an account on whatever the heck thangs.com is
Oh! Didn't know you guys couldn't see it. This is what it links to.

I opened that in Fusion, but I don't see anything obvious to me.

There's a "model parameters" dialog somewhere in F360. Poke around or search "parametric fusion 360" on youtube.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
The boy wants to print TPU, so I'm printing up a mount for the Bondtech BMG I just got in the mail. I'm not certain whether it's worth it to get a pancake stepper, so for now I'm just throwing the old extruder motor on. With the Dual Z carriage and beefy stepper on the X gantry on the CR-10, I'm fairly certain it'll be OK.

On the bright side, this means I can throw the aluminum extruder back on the Ender 3.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about weight on the X axis of a printer that's slinging a 300mm bed on the Y axis.

Also that printer screams for an E3D Revo hotend, which lets you quickly switch nozzles. So you can throw a big ass nozzle on there for big dumb functional prints, then put a tiny one on there for purdy stuff.

peoples that do this stuff. Where should I order a couple of these parts per the specs the guy recommends.