Ontopic The 3D printing thread

If you have to have it touching, separate them by whatever distance you want then connect them in Fusion by a 0.5mmx0.5mm post. You can cut that later and it will automatically build supports.

Follow me for more garbage hacks!

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
I assume its 'automatically drop models to the build plate'. Sadly I don't see that in Prusa. Ugh, I need to print like 20 of these things. :lol:
Break it up so that you can do parts of it in batches, like the below, then print your spokes as well, slot them in and glue them. Or use popsicle sticks for your spokes. Or something else
If it doesn't fit on your build plate, figure out a way to make it fit.

1642643812048.png

Also, if sound is a big deal to any of you guys, a concrete paver and these made a huge difference.

Amazon product ASIN B09DYXK8Z1
This eliminated like 95% of the sounds coming from mine:

IDK what it is about the old stepper drivers, but those fucks were LOUD.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I have an STL that I need to break into pieces to print. I'll be damned if I can find a good tutorial on YT. Maybe I'm not using the right terms? Anyone got any ideas?

edit: And right after posting this, I sorta figured it outish.

Last edited:
I have an STL that I need to break into pieces to print. I'll be damned if I can find a good tutorial on YT. Maybe I'm not using the right terms? Anyone got any ideas?

edit: And right after posting this, I sorta figured it outish.
Are you using Pursa Slicer?

I know on the Right hand side you can see the individual layers and there should be a Plus sign. If you select where you want the new section to be, it will allow you to pause printing and change filament if you desire a different color.

Otherwise there is a button on the ribbon to separate items if they are already coded in a way that allows this. Otherwise id say throw the file into Fusion 360 and separate from there.

I know on the Right hand side you can see the individual layers and there should be a Plus sign. If you select where you want the new section to be, it will allow you to pause printing and change filament if you desire a different color.

Otherwise there is a button on the ribbon to separate items if they are already coded in a way that allows this. Otherwise id say throw the file into Fusion 360 and separate from there.
Ya, I actually needed to split into smaller pieces so I could print it. However, it seems I can't read well and printed something I didn't need. :lol:

Now I've got to figure out how to get an IRL drawing into 360 and then sketch it out.

Ya, I actually needed to split into smaller pieces so I could print it. However, it seems I can't read well and printed something I didn't need. :lol:

Now I've got to figure out how to get an IRL drawing into 360 and then sketch it out.
Pretty easy to do from what I see online. Lots of how to videos of the "How to import a jpg into Fusion 360" type.