Ontopic The 3D printing thread

Tube started coming out of my co-worker's printer. He ended up just cutting the tube slightly shorter and putting it into the coupling, then ended up replacing the extruder with a BMG, the hotend with a trianglelab V6 clone and the tube with genuine Capricorn.

Apparently the stock couplings/tube suck.

Well, it seems to be working. I'm about twice as far into the print as the last time it popped out. Of course saying that means it will pop out again any time now. Or more accurately, when I leave to go get some groceries for next week

Dug through my box o printed crap and found one of these, its a clip that is about double the thickness of the normal retaining clips.
Cleared the tip out and the titanium part of the heatsink, took the retaining ring out (which is somewhat easily possible) and inspected it with no concerns.
Slapped it together and it appears to be printing.

Gods alone know if it will finish properly. Got another hour or so.

Hb8z6Pa.jpg

Finished out my previous roll of PETG and went back to some eSun stuff. I think a good portion of the problems I was having were compounded by the brand I was using. Duramic is crap.
I've had good results with Hatchbox and AmazonBasics, but I think AmazonBasics may rotate through different suppliers.

Anyone found a way to swap filament without pausing the printer or doing anything outrageous?
I was thinking of gluing the end of one filament to the other so it is just pulled in?

So I noticed a bit of under-extrusion in the previous prints. I double checked the step calculation for the BMG extruder and found I could tweak it and I did.
Under extrusion got worse when I added steps.

Extruded 100mm, measured out to be 97.5mm. Did the math and changed it from 415, bumped it to 426.

Any thoughts as to why that would make it worse?

So I noticed a bit of under-extrusion in the previous prints. I double checked the step calculation for the BMG extruder and found I could tweak it and I did.
Under extrusion got worse when I added steps.

Extruded 100mm, measured out to be 97.5mm. Did the math and changed it from 415, bumped it to 426.

Any thoughts as to why that would make it worse?
Is the extruder gear staying fixed to the shaft?

Is the extruder gear staying fixed to the shaft?
Fairly sure. I do get a clicking sound which i have learned to associate with the toothed hob slipping on the filament. In the past that has been due to clogs, but I have good solid flow.
Did you change it in config.h and reflash, or change it on the front panel?
The original 415 was through gcode and pronterface. Updating to 426 was gcode inserted in the machine settings in cura.