Ontopic The 3D printing thread

i get it, i used to be like that, i just dont have time anymore and i just want shit that works. I used to enjoy the futzing around and hackery
You gotta pay for that, unfortunately. One day I'd like to have Lulzbot. They're sexy little workhorses

I haven't made any hardware changes to my printer in ages. It's working fine and I'm happy.

But, I've got a MP Select Mini V2 that someone gave me, which suffered a power supply failure and fried everything electronic in it... and spent $50 on 11.11 on aliexpress to bring in a bunch of shit to fix it up. It's getting one of my x6 boards (hey, I've got 5 to use up), character LCD, new Z motor/lead screw, new E3D V6 clone, proper separate part cooling fan, new power supply, and I think that's it. Sticking with manual leveling.

Plan is to fire a small nozzle in it (0.25-0.3mm) and use it for printing small/detailed shit, which my big printer (with a 0.6mm nozzle) sucks at.

Should be a pretty quick job.

You'd pull the Bowden tube out, pull the coupler ring up and inspect the jaws it's supposed to hold back.

As far as replacing it, I think you have to replace the whole heatsink to do that job.
Pulled it up, as well as looked down inside with a flashlight and rotated the coupler around. Nothing stood out as off.