Ontopic The 3D printing thread

Trying to update the firmware again to reflect the offset of the BLTouch. Doesn't want to verify the firmware
Multiple errors, but this is the first one. U8GLIB is in there again, but I've verified its installed and up to date.

Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Blah\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_49847\sketch\src\lcd\dogm\ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd_AVR.cpp

More errors:
Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Blah\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_49847\sketch\src\module\temperature.cpp

And a big one
Code:
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\\Users\\Blah\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega1284p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10812 -DARDUINO_AVR_SANGUINO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\arduino\\avr\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\Blah\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\Sanguino\\hardware\\avr\\1.0.3\\variants\\sanguino" "-IC:\\Users\\Blah\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\U8glib\\src" "C:\\Users\\evanf\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_49847\\sketch\\Marlin.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\Blah\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_49847\\preproc\\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:909)
    at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:859)
    at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionIndexTableModel.updateIndexFilter(ContributionIndexTableModel.java:54)
    at cc.arduino.contributions.ui.InstallerJDialog.updateIndexFilter(InstallerJDialog.java:293)
    at cc.arduino.contributions.ui.InstallerJDialog$1.onFilter(InstallerJDialog.java:133)
    at cc.arduino.contributions.ui.FilterJTextField.applyFilter(FilterJTextField.java:110)
    at cc.arduino.contributions.ui.FilterJTextField.lambda$new$0(FilterJTextField.java:53)
    at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313)
    at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)
    at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)
    at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:1671)
    at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:1623)
    at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Window.java:1014)
    at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:1005)
    at processing.app.Base.openBoardsManager(Base.java:1414)
    at processing.app.Base$10.actionPerformed(Base.java:1441)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:842)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:886)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Waiting to see if the local hospital needs these

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Waiting to see if the local hospital needs these

"this isn't from an approved supplier so we cannot use it. If our supplies run low enough to go to non-approved supplier it won't be this"
Kinda disheartening, but not surprising they'd hide behind liability. I think the resident I was talking to was more frustrated than I was by the answer.

• Sad
"this isn't from an approved supplier so we cannot use it. If our supplies run low enough to go to non-approved supplier it won't be this"
Kinda disheartening, but not surprising they'd hide behind liability. I think the resident I was talking to was more frustrated than I was by the answer.
Things that you don't breathe through or depend on the filtration performance of, like the face shields lots of people are running off, make more sense IMO

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
200406818Resized20200406173835.jpg

i made dis

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
you didnt even watch it dude. its not enlisting in that dudes network, he walks you through how to find the right people and not get rejected by the hospital going direct like you did

So, a thought

Gang drilling, along with being @fly's favorite activity, is a system where they have three or four drill heads with different drills and tools setup and they drill one hole, slide it down to the next position in the jig, drill the next piece, and so on and so forth.

Anyone heard of a way to do something similar with prints?
I've got about 30-45 smallish pieces I need to print. They each take maybe 11 minutes apiece and require some post-processing work. The post work takes shorter than for the machine to go through its warmup routine and print, so I'm sitting there waiting three or four minutes between pieces.

I could run off four or five at a time and give myself 20 or 30 minutes between print completion, but I wondered something. Has anyone setup a printer to print multiple complete parts in a medium sized grid?
A B C
1x x x
2x x x
3x x x

So A1 would completely print, then it would move to B1 and completely print, continue on till it got to 3C, then move back to A1 and start printing again

You'd need to be there to knock the pieces off as they finished, but that's what I'm hoping to do anyways.

Just edit the finishing G code to lower the nozzle temperature to a "won't ooze" temperature (say 125C) and keep the bed on. Haul the parts off, start the job again and you should be printing again in <1 minute. It's what I'm doing right now with ear savers.

If you're printing PLA, pulling stuff off a hot bed could warp it. Not so much an issue for the ear savers since they're designed to flex anyway but this could affect what you're printing.

And if you're pulling stuff off the bed while the printer's printing, especially if you've got a bed mounted on springs or otherwise a printer that's not very mechanically rigid *ahem ender-3 ahem* you'll probably create artifacts on whatever is currently printing.

That being said, printing things 1 at a time can be a bit quicker than printing 3 prints layer by layer, depending on what you're printing. Prusa-slicer does it. Just make sure the objects are placed well so you don't whack the cooling fan duct/autolevel sensor/whatever off a previous print.

So I got this old piece of crap going a couple days ago. I bought it over a year ago from a kid who couldn't figure the thing out and changed 5000 things in the process of trying to get it to work, and fucked the thing up.

Bunch 'o rewiring, replaced the extruder gear/idler with the one from my old Anet extruder, flattened the heat bed and glued a sheet of 10 mil Ultem PEI to the heat bed. Got Marlin 2.0.x running proper on it. The T0 extruder won't heat up because something's fried on the motherboard, so I removed the nozzle from the heat block and I'm just using the T1 extruder.

Stuffed a 0.6mm nozzle into T1 so it'll print faster. And the thing rips - with the motor currents turned up it can do 2400mm/s acceleration no problem. With a 0.33mm layer height, I can run off 5 ear savers in 30 mins.

Eventually I'll fix the mobo and get the hot end fixed up proper and get the thing printing 2 colors.

• Gravy
My normal PLA settings are 210 extruder and 60 bed. I accidentally printed with my PETG settings and got phenomenal results. I may need to play with my settings. Maybe even up the temps on PETG?

First day power has gone out from rain this year, coincidentally also the first time I wasnt printing something during quarantine. Probably need to tinker with Marlin and get print recovery set up