Ontopic The 3D printing thread

I'm currently helping Lily make a robit for her science fair. She picked the design, and she's going to do the coding, but I have to help with the slicing/layout, since she hasn't ever really thought about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
Neat. The Paquette thing fell through on the Ender. You interested in having me onboard if you decide to go > 1 production?
Did it? shit.

I'm gonna be ordering 5 cards as part of the Seeed free assembly deal and keeping a couple for myself, I'll mark you down for one. Hopefully the first batch works :)

Ordered my 3D printer controller from Seeed. $114 CAD shipped to my door for 3 boards - however they don't have the LPC1768, USB input connector or 10 pin ribbon cable headers on them, as they weren't in the Seeed OPL, which would have added a couple weeks to the leadtime. Gonna order those missing parts through work and add those myself.

One board for my hypercube, one board in case I blow one up (or maybe I'll throw it in the shit of thesus), and possibly one for @Jehannum if I'm fortunate enough to have the board work first go.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Switched back to PLA for some casting positives. Got weird first layer issues.

It apparently does this in a line that roughly follows the angle of the layers, so there is a gap on the backside as well. Rest of the first layer looks pretty good, I've adjusted the height properly.

I didn't see any weirdness with PETG, but PLA can be a bit finicky with the first layer.

lyM5Hgeh.jpg

If I back it off at all I get lines that don't touch each other. The entire thing ends up looking like that small section just to the right of that front void.

I half wonder if the glass is flat enough.