Ontopic The 3D printing thread

Smooth idler is probably your issue. It squishes the teeth as they go around it.

smooth idlers = for backs of belts
toothed idlers = for fronts of belts

But of course china don't get that shit right.

Oh. Yeah, that seems to answer the mail. The only trouble I could see you running into would be with it being so tall. I measured the idlers on mine and they're 18mm tall, and 10mm wide.
Weird. Looks like the idler for mine is 16mm (well, 0.63") and the inside belt appears to be 8mm. On the Y tensioner, at least.

For shits and giggles, I tried out a printed toothed idler. It doesn't fit on the X gantry, would need a belt a few teeth longer.

I'm fadoodling my way through a benchy with it on the Y axis, though. Probably won't make any difference for me.

Welp. Time to get a new bed.

19022782220190226190055.jpg

Wanted to design a planter for an airplant. I would think there would be enough inherent support in here for it to survive without supports, but I'm curious as to whether it would. Triangles start as a 3/4" to a side at the base then curve up to 3/8 where they meet in the center.

Capture32.PNG

I was thinking the same. I still am having stringing issues, but I think I have an idea why. Once the glass bed gets in I will be able to do a few benchies and see if I'm right.

I was thinking the same. I still am having stringing issues, but I think I have an idea why. Once the glass bed gets in I will be able to do a few benchies and see if I'm right.
you have retraction and z-hop enabled in cura? That takes care of most of the stringing and blobbing for me. The only other time I've had that happen was if the temperature was wrong (but that's usually accompanied by extruder popping).

I do. Up to 10mm retraction by now? 240°C? (230-250° range for this filament) The lower the temp, the less stringing, but at the bottom range I get delamination of the print.

I think the bed being warped causes some overextrusion on the first few layers and that causes a little bit of plastic to glob onto the nozzle. From there it gets just enough build up during prints to string between items.

My thoughts, at least.