Ontopic The 3D printing thread

LI0mo6B.jpg

They extend about 2-3" below the shelf

:lol: @ OSHA. Feet slide into the tubes, I don't have a choice on size. From what I've read online, infill has no effect on compressive strength, only perimeter.
feet slide into the tubes, but they can extend outwards from them at the base.

Like @gee, I've printed jack pads, and I can tell you, the more infill, the longer they hold up in a compressive load.

Hmmm, I guess I could expand then past the tube insert. But I just really, really, really need to be sure they aren't eventually going to collapse.

And back to your OSHA comment, I should also attach them to the wall securely, as then a failure might not be as disastrous.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Hmmm, I guess I could expand then past the tube insert. But I just really, really, really need to be sure they aren't eventually going to collapse.

And back to your OSHA comment, I should also attach them to the wall securely, as then a failure might not be as disastrous.
Well, the PETG bushes I made for the casters worked well into the second year of service on the pool cart.

I'm not sure whether they're still working or not, because I stopped going to that pool.

...and it's not like they're going to just explode all at once. You should see ample evidence of failure before anything catastrophic happens.
Yeah, it happens slowly, then gravity slowly speeds it up. My concern is that I wouldn't notice. At the end of the day, this is all very unlikely - but that server is fucking expensive.

Yeah, it happens slowly, then gravity slowly speeds it up. My concern is that I wouldn't notice. At the end of the day, this is all very unlikely - but that server is fucking expensive.
why is it not near the bottom of the shelving unit

Dust and cat hair. And I'd also have to lay it on its side then too, taking up more space in the already cramping shelving.
You realize that by elevating the shelving unit, all you're doing is giving the dust and cat hair somewhere to accumulate that you can't get at?

My fuckin' dogs ate the food scoop. Time to fire up the DEEEELDO MASHEEEEEEN

They stack, and are parameterized for volume (cups), diameter (inches), and name (text).

Food Cup_bottom.jpg

Food Cup_top.jpg

That's awesome!

I have not figured out how to parameterize things yet.
I'm sure there's a more visual way to do it than the way I do (which is just to define parameters at the top of the file).

Would have been done, except for the power failure last night...
messages_0(1).jpeg

Stacking!
messages_0(2).jpeg

I've got 2 dogs that take 1/3 cup, and one that takes 1/2, so while I guess I missed a trick not embossing the name on the sides (since you can't see the name on the scoop when it's full), I did as good a job as I care about.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly