Ontopic The 3D printing thread

VHtVomg.png

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

I've had good luck with hatchbox.

The only thing I've really had issues with is AmazonBasics, because I think they rotate manufacturers to whoever's cheapest at the moment.
That's what I got first, and ended up with a ton of stringing. I've seen none of that now. I can only assume its related?

That's what I got first, and ended up with a ton of stringing. I've seen none of that now. I can only assume its related?
PLA stringing is a function of retraction and moisture. Manage those things, and you'll minimize it.

IDK why there's such a difference between brands (other than variations in diameter along the major and minor axes of the cross-section), because theoretically anyway, the material is the material.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
@Strings

May I contract out your services?

Me? I'd love to help but I don't design or print. I just buy and paint.
This place on Etsy offers custom printing.
I can't say how good they are as I haven't ordered from them yet.
Screenshot_20210904-111156_Gallery.jpg
I'm sure there are others with a better reputation than 33 sales but it's a start.

If you did mean me our printer isn’t even set up at the moment (no real good place in the new house) and just in case it’s for dildos I can say my husband def wouldn’t be game. Mini figures sure, but I don’t know of a timeline.
There isn't enough resin for that.

Just a couple D&D minis to print. Nothing too big.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
So 10 hours into this print, it slipped. I had just cleaned the sheet with ISO before this started. What can I do to prevent this?

cB6Zm2Z.jpg

So 10 hours into this print, it slipped. I had just cleaned the sheet with ISO before this started. What can I do to prevent this?

cB6Zm2Z.jpg
print it with a brim instead of a skirt, as a start. If it's PLA, adjust your Z offset a little lower, a little more squish helps PLA stick better.