Ontopic The 3D printing thread

But, what do you make with them, personally?

I used to work on CNC machines, which is obviously subtractive vs a 3D Printer. But, I couldn't imagine having one on the regular.
Things I've made with my own printer

- new brackets for my kitchen drawers which attach the wooden front to the metal drawer, because the old ones are made of brittle shitty metal
- organizer for my aeropress
- thingy that holds the legs of the different parts of my sectional couch together
- pinch weld adapter for my jack
- floor mat anchors for my GTI
- charging dock for the gf's vaporizer
- organizing tray for the gf's vaporizer stuff - liquids, parts, tanks, etc
- self watering flower pot thing I use for growing cilantro
- organizer for SD cards, USB drives, etc
- probably a few other things I'm missing
- and a big pile of parts to fix/improve shit on the printer itself.

And we've got a 3D printer at work that I'm constantly using for printing test fixtures, tools, product mockups for sales/marketing and all kinds of other random things.

Things I've made with my own printer

- new brackets for my kitchen drawers which attach the wooden front to the metal drawer, because the old ones are made of brittle shitty metal
- organizer for my aeropress
- thingy that holds the legs of the different parts of my sectional couch together
- pinch weld adapter for my jack
- floor mat anchors for my GTI
- charging dock for the gf's vaporizer
- organizing tray for the gf's vaporizer stuff - liquids, parts, tanks, etc
- self watering flower pot thing I use for growing cilantro
- organizer for SD cards, USB drives, etc
- probably a few other things I'm missing
- and a big pile of parts to fix/improve shit on the printer itself.

And we've got a 3D printer at work that I'm constantly using for printing test fixtures, tools, product mockups for sales/marketing and all kinds of other random things.
Oh wow. Very cool :cool:

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and Domon
Oh wow. Very cool :cool:

in summary, not much at the moment unless you're building prototypes or are you have some type of hobby that revolves around small plastic models.

i think the idea is to someday be able to easily print common household items, like mass produce plastic ware. it's not quite there yet... takes early adopters to really move the tech forward though.

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
in summary, not much at the moment unless you're building prototypes or are you have some type of hobby that revolves around small plastic models.

i think the idea is to someday be able to easily print common household items, like mass produce plastic ware. it's not quite there yet... takes early adopters to really move the tech forward though.
Omg, I could really go for the idea of printing my own plastic (BPA free, of course), storage containers!

Its a legit answer to an ill thought out question.

You don't need more than one pair of shoes. You don't need to eat steak and nice meals. You don't need to go see a movie or watch TV You don't need anything in this world. This, like everything else is something to play with.

You could have also just answered her question instead of being a passive aggressive dick

#JustSaying

I know 3D printers are for tinkerers, who like to tinker, but there just has to be a GIANT market just waiting for someone to have an off-the-shelf printer that just works well.

steve_wozniak.jpg

'64k should be enough for anyone'
-Larry Ellison

I know 3D printers are for tinkerers, who like to tinker, but there just has to be a GIANT market just waiting for someone to have an off-the-shelf printer that just works well.
That'd be a replicator

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk